My post disappeared

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I can't see anything anywhere. Your last post not counting this one was over 24 hours ago.

If you had the reply window open for several hours as you say then its quite possible something timed out somewhere. Even your internet connection might have dropped for a moment and you wouldn't perhaps be aware if the same window were open.

Also I know the forum does/did a daily maintenance thing where it goes offline for a few minutes, although I think it is supposed to hold stuff in progress... that happens outside normal hours for me and so I never see it.

I think all you can do is chalk it up to something unexpected happening and that in future (and this is good practice anyway) to do a quick 'select all' and 'copy' on your typed content in case something like this does happen.

This occurred roughly 12 hours ago (About 6pm Mon) Sydney time & I sent the one above about 5 mins later. (in frustration !) I was on the computer most of the day over several sites & was not aware of any dropouts here. (It was disappointing as I spent a lot of time with details etc. & my time is rather precious.)

I have never had any problems before, with diyaudio posts, but your point is noted about saving. - I routinely do that when I send queries/reports etc to companies but never thought about it here.

Hope this helps.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I compose non-trivial posts in a text editor on MY machine.

I've used UltraEdit for decades (it's overkill and not free). Windows NotePad will do; I know I have seen the same in Apple O/S, and unix is all about text editors.

Don't use MS WORD or other fancy word *processors*. They tend to litter text with funny quote-marks, extra/no line breaks, and other crapola. (My newspaper's staff sometimes posts gibberish which I assume is Word-pasting gone bad.)

Attachments

• ForumEdit-42.gif
    ForumEdit-42.gif
    93.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.