How to post a poll and attach several .mp4 files?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

1. I tried to open a poll post under "Everything Else", but nothing happens when I tick the box and enter a number of poll options.

2. Also, I can't upload several ".mp4" files, the next consecutive upload automatically removes previous uploaded file from the list of uploads, where can I upload the audio samples I want to use in my poll, I have 6 files altogether 12.5MB.

3. I apparently mistakenly and involuntarily "posted" a new thread by hitting the Enter button, I used the Enter button after having entered a number of poll figure and so that shouldn't trigger "Submit New Thread" button, please remove that trigger, should only submit by clicking on it.

4. The involuntarily posted thread didn't have a "Delete" button, does the editing time limit start the clock already before one is hitting the "Submit New Thread" button, it appears to be so.

Cheers

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...the next consecutive upload automatically removes previous uploaded file from the list of uploads
....The involuntarily posted thread didn't have a "Delete" button...

I have Xubuntu and FireFox in a VirtualBox.

I do not see "consecutive upload". I was able to attach and upload four images.

On any post, the "Delete" box is a very small option inside the Advanced Edit box. It can be hard to see.

I made a movie of this but the forum does not know WEBM files.

Last edited:
I tried Palemon browser, can now upload in consecutive order, that is, one-by-one, with my Firefox every new upload would remove the previous upload.
But I can not select all files and upload, same problem with Firefox, the upload process doesn't proceed.

Ticking the "Yes, post a poll with this thread" box and selecting a "Number of poll options:" didn't cause anything, so tried not only enter a figure but also hit the "Enter" button, this, as explained above under point 3., caused the post being submitted and I was taken to a new page where by chance I discover the poll setting appeared, well I had no post ready so I jumped out of that page, but the post had already been submitted:

w4et5gw4rt5g

and again, as described under point 4. above, there is not "Delete" button.

This BBS is so darn broken...

Ok, being back on Firefox I finally managed to post a poll and attach several .mp4 files, don't know what made it work this time.

BTW I noticed another annoying issue when trying to open a poll, one have to click the submit button whereby one gets taken to the poll setup page, the thing is that the post gets submitted even if one would decide to discontinue the poll post.

I also learned that, as the first poster I am also the one who opens up a new thread and as such it's not possible to delete the first post just like that because it equals to deleting the thread, sort of, so one can only alarm the moderators by clicking the little triangle
report.gif
to the left lower corner of the post and asking them to delete the post.

I guess it's sort of solved for now until the bugs surfaces again at some other random time. :)

Attachments

• report.gif
    report.gif
    1,014 bytes · Views: 58
I agree on removing the first post that started the thread would look odd, but only if and when others have managed to make a reply to that thread and is not something I would wish either, I probably lost my logic for a second amidst in all frustration.

Giving it some further thought one could of course implement a delete function that allows the thread starter to delete the first post if there's no reply, but I understand that wont be a priority for now as we are awaiting for a forum upgrade some time in the not too distant future.

With regards to the poll posts, it's quite non-intuitive for a newbie to open his first poll as it requires one to click on the "Submit" button, ie. one can only post the thread before the poll setup page can be reached which is illogical, but again, hopefully XenForo handles that better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.