Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Writing documentation about electronics.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 18th August 2019, 01:08 PM   #1
edbarx is offline edbarx  Malta
diyAudio Member

Default Writing documentation about electronics.

Hi All,

Comments for - Electronics did not allow me to comment. This is why I am posting here.

I would like to write an introduction to electronics for those who need to understand the basic concepts. My aim is to explain founding concepts like, charge, electric current, electrostatic forces, electric potential, voltage, capacitance, capacitors, electromagnetism, electromagnetic induction, inductance, inductors, transformers, resistance, semiconductors, introduction to the workings of BJTs, characteristics of BJTs, diodes and a short introduction of other transistor types and parasitics.

This is not the first time I would be writing howtos. I have done this on forums.debian.net and particularly liked the easy way howtos could be written and posted to the forums. Writing a howto was as easy as creating a new thread. They have a section in the forums dedicated to howto threads.

I can add my contribution to the 'Electronics' section of the wiki and name it 'Basic Concepts of Electronics'. As these concepts are the founding pillars of all electronics understanding, I think, it should be the first document in the 'Electronics' section.

Last edited by edbarx; 18th August 2019 at 01:37 PM.

Old 19th August 2019, 04:10 AM   #2
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Hi Ed,

The Wiki software we have at the moment is horrible and mostly broken. It will be upgraded in the near future. I'd suggest holding off on contributing until then.

Closed Thread

Writing documentation about electronics.Hide this!Advertise here!