search results returning "or", not "and"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure why, but for at least the last 6 months when using the search feature results are coming with "or" between words searched for.
What I am hoping for is "and" between terms.
Example, entering slate baffle comes back with posts which include slate "or" baffle
Putting a couple of words together in quotes works, but that limits the results to those words in that order.
I've tried "+", "and" but it doesn't make a difference.
One obscure word and one common word and I'll get 100 results for the common word, but nothing that includes the common and obscure word.

I realize that in search engines it no longer makes a difference to use "+", in general unless I repeat the word a half dozen times with a "+ in front of it each time the search engine doesn't care to return results with the word I find most important, so maybe it is evil computer, bad computer, bad internet, bad brain, someone get me a drink.
Safari on a Mac.

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
This will be addressed when we move to our new forum platform and switch to using something an order of magnitude more powerful such as ElasticSearch. Also the issue of searching for 2 or 3 character words.

Until then Google is your friend:

site:diyaudio.com rca

My apologies for the beyond-crappy state of search. It will be fixed shortly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.