Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

How do I delete pictures from an old post?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th July 2019, 10:50 PM   #1
Droco is offline Droco
diyAudio Member

Default How do I delete pictures from an old post?

I recently made this post, which included a few pictures I dont want up online in retrospect. Is it possible to have these pictures deleted?

Synergy horn: port location

Thanks in advance!
Old 10th July 2019, 07:32 PM   #2
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Droco,

We don't normally edit posts in an established thread because doing so disturbs the timeline as seen by those following and reading. They think they see a change or that somethings gone missing and don't know what happened or why.

If something needs altering or correcting then its much better to quote your own post and do a follow up with new information. That way everyone is kept in the loop.
Old 10th July 2019, 07:40 PM   #3
Droco is offline Droco
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post
Hi Droco,

We don't normally edit posts in an established thread because doing so disturbs the timeline as seen by those following and reading. They think they see a change or that somethings gone missing and don't know what happened or why.

If something needs altering or correcting then its much better to quote your own post and do a follow up with new information. That way everyone is kept in the loop.
I realise that, but I posted those 2 pictures while wasnt actually allowed to do this. I am trying to rectify this situation. Hope you can help me.
Old 10th July 2019, 09:44 PM   #4
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droco View Post
I realise that, but I posted those 2 pictures while wasnt actually allowed to do this. I am trying to rectify this situation. Hope you can help me.
This took me a moment to understand, and I'm asking because Mooly likewise might not understand - by "wasn't actually allowed" do you mean they are someone else's copyrighted property and you didn't have permission to post them?

I suppose the mod would delete them in this case, but also add a note that says "pics deleted due to copyright violation" so people will know why they're missing.
Old 10th July 2019, 09:47 PM   #5
Droco is offline Droco
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
This took me a moment to understand, and I'm asking because Mooly likewise might not understand - by "wasn't actually allowed" do you mean they are someone else's copyrighted property and you didn't have permission to post them?

I suppose the mod would delete them in this case, but also add a note that says "pics deleted due to copyright violation" so people will know why they're missing.
Yes something like that. Would really appreciate it.

Thank you
Old 10th July 2019, 10:11 PM   #6
Cal Weldon is offline Cal Weldon  Canada
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Is that going to change anything? I won't do it until the smart guys chime in. More smart guys I mean.
Old 10th July 2019, 10:43 PM   #7
Droco is offline Droco
diyAudio Member

It's more a personal violation of trust than anything else. I get you guys dont want to disturb a thread, but those pictures didnt really add anything to that specific discussion ánd I was the OP. I posted those pictures (horn measurements) without realising I had actually asked the horndesigner if I was allowed to share them, and he said he'd rather I did not. I did share them, being forgetful, and now I would like to remove them to rectify my mistake. As simple as that. They were not mine to share.
Old 11th July 2019, 02:17 PM   #8
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

That sounds reasonable. But,I'll ask you Calhoun, was there anything there that would be sensitive information wise that could be copied to create another like horn? If they don't add anything to the thread, then removing them will not affect anything.
Old 11th July 2019, 02:19 PM   #9
Cal Weldon is offline Cal Weldon  Canada
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

I will remove them and post in the thread.
Old 11th July 2019, 04:04 PM   #10
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Good show there Calhoun

How do I delete pictures from an old post?Hide this!Advertise here!