How do I delete pictures from an old post?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Droco,

We don't normally edit posts in an established thread because doing so disturbs the timeline as seen by those following and reading. They think they see a change or that somethings gone missing and don't know what happened or why.

If something needs altering or correcting then its much better to quote your own post and do a follow up with new information. That way everyone is kept in the loop.

Hi Droco,

We don't normally edit posts in an established thread because doing so disturbs the timeline as seen by those following and reading. They think they see a change or that somethings gone missing and don't know what happened or why.

If something needs altering or correcting then its much better to quote your own post and do a follow up with new information. That way everyone is kept in the loop.

I realise that, but I posted those 2 pictures while wasnt actually allowed to do this. I am trying to rectify this situation. Hope you can help me.

I realise that, but I posted those 2 pictures while wasnt actually allowed to do this. I am trying to rectify this situation. Hope you can help me.
This took me a moment to understand, and I'm asking because Mooly likewise might not understand - by "wasn't actually allowed" do you mean they are someone else's copyrighted property and you didn't have permission to post them?

I suppose the mod would delete them in this case, but also add a note that says "pics deleted due to copyright violation" so people will know why they're missing.

This took me a moment to understand, and I'm asking because Mooly likewise might not understand - by "wasn't actually allowed" do you mean they are someone else's copyrighted property and you didn't have permission to post them?

I suppose the mod would delete them in this case, but also add a note that says "pics deleted due to copyright violation" so people will know why they're missing.

Yes something like that. Would really appreciate it.

Thank you

It's more a personal violation of trust than anything else. I get you guys dont want to disturb a thread, but those pictures didnt really add anything to that specific discussion ánd I was the OP. I posted those pictures (horn measurements) without realising I had actually asked the horndesigner if I was allowed to share them, and he said he'd rather I did not. I did share them, being forgetful, and now I would like to remove them to rectify my mistake. As simple as that. They were not mine to share.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That sounds reasonable. But,I'll ask you Calhoun, was there anything there that would be sensitive information wise that could be copied to create another like horn? If they don't add anything to the thread, then removing them will not affect anything.

That sounds reasonable. But,I'll ask you Calhoun, was there anything there that would be sensitive information wise that could be copied to create another like horn? If they don't add anything to the thread, then removing them will not affect anything.

I will remove them and post in the thread.

Thank you! Much appreciated!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.