How long / many posts before my posts don't need moderating?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi mod team,

Not a problem, but a question (I think this is the right place - feel free to move if required): I'm curious how many posts I need to make or how long I need to be a member (or whatever other metric you use) before my posts no longer need moderator approval?!

No malicious intent here, and I completely understand the need to moderate new people / users and their posts, I'm just curious how long I need to be "baby sat"!! Thanks! [emoji106]

Well I wish I could cross the line, its kinda annoying to come back and see my previous comments lost in the thread. I didn't want to make a bunch of lame post to get there. if I have to wait weeks before I accumulate 10 or 20 thoughtful post , Ill probably forget about the community till the next time it pops up in a google search.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Well over 460,000 other members managed it ;) Sometimes Moderators can be a bit scarce so a post approval might be delayed. This is only your third post. it would be unusual not to be freed by 10 posts, but it does happen. The count is not the most important aspect...

Tony.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
If the criteria include "more than XXX days since joining, and no bad behavior", there's nothing you can do except wait XXX days.

If the criteria include "more than YYY posts / attempted posts, and no bad behavior", I recommend making two or three enthusiastic but not lengthy replies, per day, to various discussions in The Lounge. A painless and simple way to boost your post count.

If the criteria include "more than ZZZ high quality posts / attempted posts, and no bad behavior", you may not have the patience to create all of that good stuff, only to see it get rejected.

_

Attachments

• zyxw.png
    zyxw.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 238
Well over 460,000 other members managed it ;) Sometimes Moderators can be a bit scarce so a post approval might be delayed. This is only your third post. it would be unusual not to be freed by 10 posts, but it does happen. The count is not the most important aspect...

Tony.

Tony.
I don't want to get smart ***:D , but I have run a decent size local forum for 10 years 9 with VBulletin and now THANKFULLY using Xenforo. I know the back end Mods and hosting pretty darn good, and have to call you out on that 460,000 cause I know how it works, Members: 468,627, Active Members: 26,250

It's how well we feel you will fit into the community.
slightly argumentative, full of crap, and unaware of what I don't know. Should fit in just fine. :eek:

Underway HW. With a site this size, our owner is spending much time to get this to work for us.
OH yeah, 9 years with Vb I know well , the server load will go down significantly and the guys at Db now have the optimization add ons. The front end is sooo easy its not a problem for users, moderation is quite a bit different but not difficult once you know were things are. I am very very pleased with it. one feature I find wonderful is you can copy and paste an image directly in the post, if you use the windows snipping tool you dont even have to copy a screenshot.

My site is small compared to this one and I have culled all bad registrations, leaving 800 or so real people but I had it highly modified and the move went very smooth. our activity has went down due to facebook and Nextdoor However another forum I frequent is very large and has been converted too. Arboristsite.com

Discussions:295,547 Messages:6,664,504 Members:90,945

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.