How long / many posts before my posts don't need moderating?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm curious about the part in bold......

And so am I actually, because I never posted with that bold emphasis ;) Anyone jumping in to the thread at this point now sees a different meaning to what was intended.

RULES

12: Improper use of the Quote function such as altering the words or meaning of the quote, misquoting or lack of quote attribution.

And it all simply meant that each member is treated as a unique case when deciding when to release them from moderation.

And so am I actually, because I never posted with that bold emphasis ;) Anyone jumping in to the thread at this point now sees a different meaning to what was intended.

RULES

And it all simply meant that each member is treated as a unique case when deciding when to release them from moderation.

Hmmmm... OK.

As for the quote or rule 12 re. improper use of the Quote function, I'd think that highlighting a portion would be the preferred method. Otherwise, if I simply truncated the quoted text, it would certainly be taking it out of context. Is there a preferred way of doing this? Perhaps I should add "quotes added by me for reference" to avoid confusion. The good thing is that if somebody quotes me, the post that I quoted doesn't show up, base on what I've seen.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The forum highly discourages changing quotes in any way other than picking the relevant sentences. There is unfortunate history behind that.

There is no set number of posts to be freed. The moderation team want to see that newbs are not spammers (they are plentiful) and that a new person understands the rules.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
David CA. This forum has a long and busy history. Thru much experience, trial and error the moderation team has fine tuned the machine.

We do not allow quotes to be altered because it's unfair to the person being quoted and has been the source of serious problems in the past. Some members were banned for repeatedly altering quotes to change their meaning. What we DO allow and encourage is selecting the appropriate part of the post you wish to quote, without taking it out of context.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.