Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

How long / many posts before my posts don't need moderating?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th September 2019, 04:42 PM   #21
David CA is offline David CA  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post
You crossed the line at some point and are a normal registered user now. There are no hard and fast rules in reaching that point.

I'm curious about the part in bold. Are there guidelines for how long one's posts have to be approved? I've not had forum probation in well over a decade!
Old 27th September 2019, 07:23 PM   #22
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David CA View Post
I'm curious about the part in bold......
And so am I actually, because I never posted with that bold emphasis Anyone jumping in to the thread at this point now sees a different meaning to what was intended.

RULES

Quote:
12: Improper use of the Quote function such as altering the words or meaning of the quote, misquoting or lack of quote attribution.
And it all simply meant that each member is treated as a unique case when deciding when to release them from moderation.
Old 27th September 2019, 07:31 PM   #23
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

as I said , Big Cal still didn't released me from moderation

after all these years .......

Old 27th September 2019, 08:38 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post
And so am I actually, because I never posted with that bold emphasis Anyone jumping in to the thread at this point now sees a different meaning to what was intended.

RULES

And it all simply meant that each member is treated as a unique case when deciding when to release them from moderation.

Hmmmm... OK.

As for the quote or rule 12 re. improper use of the Quote function, I'd think that highlighting a portion would be the preferred method. Otherwise, if I simply truncated the quoted text, it would certainly be taking it out of context. Is there a preferred way of doing this? Perhaps I should add "quotes added by me for reference" to avoid confusion. The good thing is that if somebody quotes me, the post that I quoted doesn't show up, base on what I've seen.
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:49 PM   #25
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

The forum highly discourages changing quotes in any way other than picking the relevant sentences. There is unfortunate history behind that.

There is no set number of posts to be freed. The moderation team want to see that newbs are not spammers (they are plentiful) and that a new person understands the rules.
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:57 PM   #26
Cal Weldon is offline Cal Weldon  Canada
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David CA View Post
Otherwise, if I simply truncated the quoted text, it would certainly be taking it out of context.
Au contraire mon ami. We have stated this is the referred method after thorough examination of the subject.
Old 4th October 2019, 06:55 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
Au contraire mon ami. We have stated this is the referred method after thorough examination of the subject.
Huh?
Old 4th October 2019, 08:15 PM   #28
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavanaWoody View Post
It appears that this forum has some very bright minds...
you know what they say about 'appearances'

edit: oops. I thought we were in the Lounge.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 5th October 2019, 02:31 PM   #29
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

David CA. This forum has a long and busy history. Thru much experience, trial and error the moderation team has fine tuned the machine.

We do not allow quotes to be altered because it's unfair to the person being quoted and has been the source of serious problems in the past. Some members were banned for repeatedly altering quotes to change their meaning. What we DO allow and encourage is selecting the appropriate part of the post you wish to quote, without taking it out of context.

How long / many posts before my posts don't need moderating?Hide this!Advertise here!