attachable file types request

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've seen a number of people want to attach or use zip files to attach XSim model files to posts, particularly in the Loudspeaker->Multiway forum, but also in some others.

Could diyAudio also allow attachment of XSim's ".dxo" file types? This would make it far easy to share design files without requiring diyers to figure out how to unzip and move around design files to do that. DXO files are entirely text based (you can read them with a text editor like Notepad), but contain all the data of the speaker drivers in a design. So, on many computers (Windows machines with XSim installed, at least), downloading and clicking on a DXO file should just open up XSim with that model loaded so a reader can follow along with the thread post with minimal effort.

Note: I AM the XSim developer, but XSim is freeware and I don't make money directly off of people using it. But I think doing this could streamline a lot of crossover or eq related conversations here.

Attachments

• DXO example.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.