Not a problem, else a doubt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......"
"The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion."

Seems clear Osvaldo?

Not to me because, "Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc)" is included into "A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion"

So, certain talks may be place in both (Understanding one at a time) and others no.

This is my doubt. Moreover, if it was too clear, I simply didn't make the thread. I don't post only to disturb.

Last edited:
I'd suggest Everything Else is audio related and The Lounge isn't, but, saying that I had a thread about speaker cables moved from EE to The Lounge, still don't know why, I suspect the mods thought I wasn't serious, so, I take your point, it can be a bit of a mystery. Shall we take bets on whether you get an answer that makes sense? ;)
Actually it might have been moved from "Parts", can't remember, but you take my point?

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'll try because I can see SJ's point about the lounge.

Everything Else is exactly what it says. No ambiguity in my opinion.

Lounge is what is says but when you see an audio thread moved to the lounge, it is, in the eyes of the Mod team, either a thread with no definite answer to a question and you end up getting a lot of speculation and none of the sides will ever convince the others they are right. It becomes a merry-go-round.

Another reason could be that in the eyes of the Mod team, it is a case of a misdirected individual that no matter how many persons try and help them, they aren't listening to anything other then their preconceptions.

Another reason might be that in the eyes of the Mod team, the person starting the thread is using it as a personal platform for gaining attention or what have you.

These sorts of threads are not necessarily breaking any rules but they can be seen as disruptive to the regular forums and less eccentric members.

Cable threads are a perfect example. You are aware that a number of forums do not allow threads on cables? Any guess why that might be?

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.