Slow download

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Perhaps someone can help me?

The last couple of days I have experienced very slow downloads - the header of the page loads then it will be nearly a full minute to load the forum page. Progress bar gets to about 40% then hangs there for 50+ seconds.

I see this on my MacBook only. Other devices at home are fine are fine. Loads fine on my wife's MacBook.

I have -
- used different browser
- emptied cache, history etc.
- used different wifi points
- logged out and tried while logged out
- and then logged back in again
- other websites are fine
- same issue when pressing the back button to a DA page I have just viewed

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I don't pretend to understand how it all works but I believe the page loads various parts from various sources. When this has happened for me I find a disk clean and browser clean usually works (no need to delete passwords and cookies, just all the other stuff).

Sometimes and for no reason I can figure out, a restart of the router fixes this problem.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Thanks for your suggestions.

I will do a proper clean of my system at some point. I have a work around until I do with quick access to the disable javascript toggle. I'm not noticing any features that I use being disabled when I do this (except sidebar ads don't show :))

I don't have access to the router (provided by my apartment owner and not accessible to me) so can't try that reset (but the power goes out regularly enough that it will be powered down and reboot at some point)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.