Can't unsubscribe via Thread Tools

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the same complaint as another user whose thread was closed last May...without addressing his concern.

When reading a thread, 'Subscribe' is available under Thread Tools.
If the thread looks interesting, I'll subscribe to it.
If I've posted in a thread, I'm automatically subscribed.

Later, if when reading more posts in the thread I decide I want to unsubscribe, there's no option to do so under Thread Tools.
Worse, the 'Subscribe' option is still available even though I'm already subscribed.
The forum software doesn't present the appropriate option (either Unsubscribe or Subscribe) depending on my subscription status.

NOT convenient: going back to my email Inbox or Trash and finding the email and clicking the link, or going to the list of all my subscriptions and finding the one that needs unsubscribing.

IIRC, this option was available in this forum software in the past, as I used to use it frequently. Either at diyaudio or another forum using the same software.

Any chance of activating it here?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Go to User CP in the bar across the top. Choose "Subscribed Threads"
From there you will get a list of your subscriptions. Choose the thread you want to change by clinking in the box on the right.
At the bottom you will find a drop down menu that allows you to change your subscription or delete it.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
This was a feature that got broken somewhere down the line... all this will change when we move to XenForo in the not to distant future.

You can still easily unsubscribe by using the 'User CP' dropdown near the top of the page and selecting 'Subscribed Threads'. Just tick the one you want to unsubscribe from and use the 'Delete' option at the bottom.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.