images not copying over to Word

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I like to copy some complete threads in Enhanced View over to Word so I can highlight important passages etc but often the images won't copy over. There is a big white box where the image should be.

If I click on the white box it turns into a blue box but still no image. How can I get images to copy over properly with the text?

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
There are multiple ways images can be posted in messages. Attached, Linked, several ways.

Perhaps best to point to a few specific images not working for you.

Also browser, Word version, and the method you use to "copy complete threads".

I just had a look for threads I have successfully copied and it looks like I can copy fully posted images but not thumbnails (which most pics are). In the thread below the only image in the thread which copied ok was the full image on post #84 on page 9 by douglas self on 15 Dec 2016 at 7.22. None of the thumbnails copied over. So its a problem with copying thumbnails. I assumed Enhanced Print View would convert thumbnails to full pictures.

What would you want to see in a book on electronics for vinyl replay? Douglas Self.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I had another look and was able to save (virtual print) to PDF with all the images in place. That PDF did not import into any word processor that I has, but I don't have MS Word. If you have software that will let you mark up a PDF, then that could work. I think the current Acrobat reader allows it.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
That image is embedded from another website.

Enhanced Print View...
External images appear on the page instead of appearing as links
Because all images appear on the one page, you can ....
To gain access to the Enhanced Print View, just become a member with a donation of at least $10
diyAudio - Enhanced Print View

One way to see it: Metako paid for membership including EPV, which he is trying to use, and EPV does not seem to work as promised.

The other way to see it: we know from Jason's recent postings that external images and https is a can-of-worms(bugs). To avoid "un-secure site!" warnings in new browsers he had to scan, proxy, sanitize, archive several ways that external links may present. I'm wondering if something now works OK in regular view but stumbles in Enhanced View.

Also wondering: EPV is clearly 1999 technology (like the rest of the forum), we (Jason) are working to a New Improved forum platform, is this bug worth chasing?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The following method works for me. I have projects for the future, and I do not want to possibly loose the valuable info, so I copy the thread from Enhanced View to Word documents.

Open a blank Word doc.
Open thread to be copied in Enhanced Print View
Copy and paste text in normal fashion.
For images: right click mouse on image. From options choose save image as. (I usually save image to desktop).
(Image box will appear in bottom left corner of screen).
Click on image to open, right click mouse on image, choose copy.
Open Word doc, move courser to where you want to paste, and paste the image into the document.
If you do not want to save the images on your desktop after you are finished, simply delete them. Also, save a few times so you do not loose the document.

Hope this helps

I have done that in the past for short threads but for 50 page threads that is a task of sysophus and totally impractical. Yes I can save as PDF but editing and highlighting a PDF is very basic. Could not the save image to folder then copy to correct place in word document be automated somehow?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.