email notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
What people can do in the meantime until notifications get fixed is go to the subscriptions page in your personal account settings and it will show threads in bold type if there are pending notifications. If you refresh the page now and then, it is possible to keep track of any threads that may need attention.

Something similar can be done with the PM inbox page by refreshing it periodically.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Email broke on the 11th as a result of our server management company installing a new Spectre/Meltdown patch and it having unintended consequences. I'll be setting up a email "canary" in the future so if emails ever stop working again I will receive an email about the missing email.

Haven't gotten any notifications for about 24 hours.
Perhaps all my subscribed threads have 'gone quiet' simultaneously, but I doubt it.
Also, perhaps new posts aren't making into the threads today, so it might not be only a notification issue?...there was a post in the Boyuu A9 thread that showed up mid-day, stayed for a few hours and now is gone.....

Notifications are down again!, it was running so smoothly for so many years, before the so called "update"!. The change or whatever that was brought upon, really messed up the system.

No PM notifications?, surprising!. I got 2 PMs since midnight yesterday, but no notifications. I came to know about them only when I visited the DIYA site after every incidence. Is the new software so designed as to make the members visit the site (for commercial purposes) for every updated threads and new PM's? I am sure people will wonder why I havent responded to their post/s in the threads I had contributed previously OR the PMs, because I am not able to visit to DIYA every so often. I depend upon notifications..

May be its best to revert back to old system. As a donor of the site, I preferred very much how the old system worked; "perfect!"

Regards
Prasi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.