Problems registering

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have tried for weeks to register. I never ever receive the registration email. After blowing through several email accounts I have discovered a bug in the signup form. If you dont select the "accept promo email....." you will never ever receive a registration email. By default it is not checked and there is no error message. I wonder how many people have just given up and gone away.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
It appears that this was just a co-incidence, related to our mail server going over-quota for 36 hours, which was a window of time you tried to register twice using that signup option. In fact, it wouldn't have mattered what options you chose, no email would have got through. The mail server is now back up and running.

EDIT: Confirmed, not a bug. Was just mail being down.

Last edited:
Hello,

I encountered the same issue, never received the registration email, I also didn't accept promo emails when I registered.
I tried to register to a new username with another email address, this time accepting promo and it does work, just got the registration email and I can now see images posted on the forum.
Thing is I would love to use my first email address, is there any way to delete the account it is linked to and set it up back?

Thank you !
Best

Jerome

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hello,

I encountered the same issue, never received the registration email, I also didn't accept promo emails when I registered.
I tried to register to a new username with another email address, this time accepting promo and it does work, just got the registration email and I can now see images posted on the forum.
Thing is I would love to use my first email address, is there any way to delete the account it is linked to and set it up back?

Thank you !
Best

Jerome

It would have been the different email address, nothing to do with accepting promo emails. Some email servers block our mail, it comes and goes, but of course if you're trying to register that is a terminal problem! We have plans to improve our email service in the coming months.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.