Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

WIKI automagically produces silly links
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2018, 03:29 PM   #1
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default WIKI automagically produces silly links

I just created a new Wiki page (Tutorial: How to use the RTX6001 audio analyzer in real world audio tests?). I found that some words of the text get linked to some seemingly random page of the Wiki. The links don't exist in the editor of the Wiki page. For example, take a look at the first paragraph of the page:

"This WIKI page is a collection of information and examples on the usage of the RTX6001 audio analyser. The aim of this page is to help novices get good measurement results out of their RTX6001. While targeted at the RTX6001, the information on this page may also be useful with other audio analysers or soundcards. The set up and configuration of the software is left to the user and is beyond the scope of this WIKI page."

The words "help" and "other" (red) are randomly linked to some other unrelated diyAudio WIKI pages, although they are not linked to anything in the WIKI editor. Can someone fix this weird issue?
Old 15th January 2018, 09:04 PM   #2
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Just my favourite piece of software doing its thing... (wish I had never installed it)... looks like it has some kind of auto linking thing going on. I will try to find and disable that option, if not, please just ignore it - soon enough we will have a wiki that isn't awful to use. My apologies.
Old 16th January 2018, 05:29 AM   #3
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Just my favourite piece of software doing its thing... (wish I had never installed it)... looks like it has some kind of auto linking thing going on. I will try to find and disable that option, if not, please just ignore it - soon enough we will have a wiki that isn't awful to use. My apologies.
Ok. Will the new wiki start from scratch, or will the current content be moved over?
Old 16th January 2018, 05:49 AM   #4
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

We will have a working bee and move it all over by hand

WIKI automagically produces silly linksHide this!Advertise here!