How to embed pictures in the post text?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
There is a work around for this. Looks like this:
attachment.php

Attachments

• ladder mirror.jpg
    ladder mirror.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 527
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
How to do it.
  1. Start your reply
  2. Attach your image in the normal way (attach, upload, close attachment window)
  3. Now before posting, look down toward the bottom and find where you see your attachment listed. You'll notice it's a link.
  4. Right click on the link and "copy link" or "copy link location" whatever your browser says,
  5. Put that link in with the image button, or wrap it in the [img] [/img] tags.
  6. Post reply

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
How to do it.
  1. Start your reply
  2. Attach your image in the normal way (attach, upload, close attachment window)
  3. Now before posting, look down toward the bottom and find where you see your attachment listed. You'll notice it's a link.
  4. Right click on the link and "copy link" or "copy link location" whatever your browser says,
  5. Put that link in with the image button, or wrap it in the [img] [/img] tags.
  6. Post reply

That is the way it is generally preferred (so that an image doesn’t disappear) but if you have the URL of a picture out in publically accessible webspace anywhere you can link to that.

Pluvia11-CGR.jpg

I do this so that i can use the same picture across forums and my websites and so that even non-diyAudio members can see my pictures. If that webspace dissapears so does the image… this forum will lose a lot of picturs if my space goes away.

dave

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Have another go Jan. It looks like you somehow deleted the image.

Pano's instructions are spot on. Just attach the image as normal and then copy the URL from either the attachment screen (before you close it) or afterwards from the main screen. Then paste it with a wrap of the IMG tags.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lighthouse Storm.jpg
    Lighthouse Storm.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 324
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Amazing! I can see what you guys can't! More power to me! :cool:

I need to figure this out.
What I did, followed Pano's procedure, then after posting, I went to 'edit' and deleted the attachment, reasoning that the embedded pic would remain. And it did. For me, at least.

Edit: just closeed the browser, opened it again, yep, still there!

Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.