no notification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So it's not just me.........

BTW, for the past week or so I get the forums timing out? and/or told 'out of memory', making the mouse, keystrokes slow, 'herky-jerky' in action, so have to close the tab and reboot them. Also noticed that the little ball symbol on the tab flickers at a high rate in the process, so is this due to the cycling of streaming ads?

These kind of problems is why ages ago I was going to leave the forums since I only had a 56 k dial-up and now with a Comcast 10 MB entry level cable connection, wondering if I'm being 'left in the dirt' again.

GM

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My connection [DSL] is half as fast as yours, and I too observe an occasional hang. Interestingly I see the same thing at work with a very fast connection, so there may be something more to it. (Perhaps something to do with the way browsers handle multiple threads. Firefox after recent updates is almost unusable at times.)

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'm not receiving e-mail notifications is there something i should check on my end?

Our email provider (SparkPost) has this week jacked up their prices, and it appears that due to the fact we've never gone over their sending limit previously, credit card information was deleted and there is no way now to pay for the overage. So we're now in a bizzare limbo situation. I am working on an appropriate resolution.

So it's not just me.........

BTW, for the past week or so I get the forums timing out? and/or told 'out of memory', making the mouse, keystrokes slow, 'herky-jerky' in action, so have to close the tab and reboot them. Also noticed that the little ball symbol on the tab flickers at a high rate in the process, so is this due to the cycling of streaming ads?

These kind of problems is why ages ago I was going to leave the forums since I only had a 56 k dial-up and now with a Comcast 10 MB entry level cable connection, wondering if I'm being 'left in the dirt' again.

GM

I don't think you should be seeing any kind of "streaming" video ads, as we have now set pretty tight restrictions on the ads and they should be "good quality". Forum usage should definitely should be "snappy". If you see a problem ad, please follow the reporting process detailed here: How to report bad ads.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
OK, thanks! By 'streaming', I meant one ad after another in the same pane as opposed to a video, if that makes a difference.

GM

I'm not aware that Adsense allow multiple reloads of an ad frame, but I do know that technology exists (SOVRN mentioned it when we were trialling them and I expressly requested we did not want it). If you do experience this, please report it as I would like to follow it up: How to report bad ads

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Emails are now working again, system-wide. All new member signups since the problem started on August 21st have now been resent instructions as to how to verify their email addresses. At this stage it looks like email notifications of new posts made during this time are likely lost - I apologize for the inconvenience.

Our mail host SparkHost changed their plan structure, and due to the fact we had only been using them for the last 3 weeks, and they decided to "cap" outgoing mail on existing plans to the average sent over the last 3 months, we were immediately at 100% of our maximum allowed email sending and had all outgoing mail rejected.

We have now moved for the meantime to a new mail host (MailGun), negotiations with SparkHost continue...

Joined 2000
Paid Member
There are system wide anomalies that are constantly being worked on. Thanks for your patience.

Actually, everything is working fine now, or should be.

Some help please. I am not receiving all notifications.
Subscribed threads seem OK but I am subscribed to a number of forums and only get notifications from Vendor's Bazaar.

Tried changing my Email address and unsubscribing/re subscribing.

We're using a "enterprise" mail sending partner now, and they do block some addresses that usually cop a lot of spam, by default. For example anything that looks like a generic incoming email address like "admin@", "webmaster@", "sales@" etc.

Let me see what might be the issue in your case. I will get back to you privately.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Dean, I just had a look at the email logs and can see that you did get a reply to this message just now. However, I can't see anything before that (Logs are kept for 10 days).

Please try unsubscribing and resubscribing to those threads, and if the problem persists, let me know via a PM with the thread ID of an example thread you're subscribed to.

Dean, I just had a look at the email logs and can see that you did get a reply to this message just now. However, I can't see anything before that (Logs are kept for 10 days).

Please try unsubscribing and resubscribing to those threads, and if the problem persists, let me know via a PM with the thread ID of an example thread you're subscribed to.

Will do. Thanks for your help.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Mail has been sending normally and everything is fully operational from our end (EDIT: No, actually 7% of our outgoing mail is bouncing), however it looks like Kevin your mail has been bouncing:

554 5.4.7 [internal] message timeout (last transfail: 451 4.3.0 [internal] Sending IP temporarily suspended)
553 5.3.0 alph143 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 35.163.237.243 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

We are currently sending with SparkPost. I will contact them and find out why their IP is blocked.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.