no notification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Notifications seem to be working only intermittently today 12/10/18. I see someone started a new thread for that too.

I can see all your (many) emails have been successfully delivered to your provider in the last 24 hours, no signs of errors from either Sparkpost or Mailgun. Be sure to check your spam/promotions/forums folder. If you think there is a particular mail you've missed, let me know, but all looks good from here.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi, I have sent a PM, I have not received any notification, although it's turned on in my settings. Not in my spam folder either. I use Firefox with W10/64 home.

JLM, as above. Did the same checks as for Mark, you are looking good, no errors, everything is sending fine from this side and that of the sending email servers. It may be your provider has a backlog, or something else going on that is outside of my sphere of influence.

No spam/junk folder here. I look at every email that comes in.

I will keep an eye on my subscribed threads folder for awhile to see if anything lights up there for which I did not receive an email. It happened earlier today, but not right now.

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Some people have reported, in the past, emails arriving hours or days later. In my experience (Postfix primarily), the way email resending usually works is that if it can't get through because the destination mail server is down, the sending mail server will retry again later periodically, at ever increasing time intervals, until a last attempt at about 4 days. It's up to the sending mail server (we use Sparkpost and Mailgun), but there is an RFC spec.

However, none of the above applies, because I can see in the logs that mail was successfully delivered to your mail hosts. So, jury is out at this stage.

Last edited:
I just happened to visit the digital line level sub-forum a moment ago. The 'ES9038Q2M Board' is lit up in bold type indicating not read. Then just looked at the 'my subscriptions' page and see that same thread is bold type and at the top of the list. So far, no email notification for it has come in. Looks like the post was made about 20 minutes ago. I will read the thread now, assuming the email should already have gone out. If and when I get it, I will report back to confirm received.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.