no notification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I can see that around the 29th we got added to a number of blocklists. Something that vBulletin handles very poorly is unsubscription of bounced mail (it has no feature to do that). XenForo will, and once we switch we'll have much better mail hygiene in general and therefore better deliverability.

Greets!

Haven't had any notifications since Sat, Nov 10, 8:47 PM.

Cleared cookies, signed out of DIYaudio, rebooted computer, etc., earlier today and still none even though some links have been updated since then.

TIA,

GM

edit: Win7pro, Chrome, Avast freeware

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I was only just alerted to this, as unsurprisingly, email wasn't working. Clearly I need to set up a "canary" process whereby I am notified rain, hail or shine if email stops working.

It looks like this broke when our hosting provider logged into our server on the 11th. I'm guessing they changed something and it broke. Working on this now.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I’m not receiving subscription notifications again... I thought maybe they were going to my junk mail, but that’s not the case.

Hi Kevin,

Mail to you is bouncing due to "554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy". This usually means someone clicked the "spam" or "junk" button in their mail client and the complaint was then actioned into adding the person to Sparkposts blacklist.

However in your case it looks like on the 8th November your mail provider responded that your mail address was unknown, and this is what caused you to be added to the do-not-send list (to avoid mail to other users being blocked due to us being considered spammers).

I have requested you be removed from the blacklist. Cheers :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.