Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Official bug reporting thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st August 2017, 04:40 AM   #1
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Default Official bug reporting thread

Please report any bugs you find on diyAudio in this thread.

The first post here will keep track of all outstanding bugs. Please note, some vBulletin specific bugs will not be fixed, and we will instead migrate to XenForo to move past them.

Please also see: http://status.diyaudio.com for news/info about what work is being performed. When there is intentional downtime, I'll be updating status.diyaudio.com in real time to advise of status changes.

Reported bugs:
  • None currently

Fixed bugs:
  • Tapatalk not installed
  • "400 Bad Request - request header or cookie too large" error
  • diyaudio.com not redirecting to www.diyaudio.com, and also giving an error
  • JPEG thumbnails in attachments created after the server move and before 05:00 GMT 2017/08/01 did not appear below posts. The fix has been implemented however past thumbnails will not be re-created automatically. The post will need to be edited and the attachment re-uploaded so the thumbnail is (re-)created.

Bugs that will not be fixed (instead, we will move to XenForo):
  • Search is "not great"

Last edited by Jason; 1st August 2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 1st August 2017, 05:22 AM   #2
Zero D is offline Zero D  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi, my earlier log in & posts from the other day posted fine with Portable Firefox V43.

Yesterday & today, i can't even see the main page !

To post this i'm having to use an even older version of an install FF, which i normally use for 99% of my surfing with NO problems. I only use V43 for logging in to hotmail & forums etc.

Both browsers have been VERY securely optimised in numerous ways by me, as has my PC. So i'm in NO danger of getting infected etc etc

Any ideas what the issue might be ?
Attached Images
File Type: png diy.png (11.1 KB, 208 views)
Old 1st August 2017, 06:05 AM   #3
diyAudio Administrator

What you're seeing there is the default page for the server, which is displayed if you try to go to a domain name or IP address that points to the webserver, but is a domain name for which the server has not been specifically configured. I have made some changes, please try again now.
Old 1st August 2017, 07:09 AM   #4
bambadoo is offline bambadoo  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hi and thanks for the great site and support.
Live in Norway. Use chrome.

If I go to diyaudio.com (as before) I get:
Quote:
Invalid forum path (/www/diyaudio/diyaudio/diyaudio.com/htdocs/forums) specified! Please edit this file and be sure to include the correct path for your $forumpath variable.
If I go to www.diyaudio.com everything is fine.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before...

Best regards

Magnus
Old 1st August 2017, 07:18 AM   #5
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambadoo View Post
Hi and thanks for the great site and support.
Live in Norway. Use chrome.

If I go to diyaudio.com (as before) I get:

If I go to www.diyaudio.com everything is fine.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before...

Best regards

Magnus
Thank you for the bug report Magnus. This has now been fixed.
Old 1st August 2017, 01:59 PM   #6
Zero D is offline Zero D  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@ Jason

Working fine now on FFP v43
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:33 PM   #7
Ultima Thule is offline Ultima Thule  Europe
diyAudio Member

Is it just my browser, forum bug, or have people recently just come to stop using avatars?
Just wondering because I see so many members these days with no avatars, but then I haven't been active here for a long time so can't tell whether it's a changing trend.

btw, did you already activate https, for me it's not working, just getting a "The page isn't redirecting properly" warning in Firefox.
Old 4th August 2017, 12:03 AM   #8
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Thule View Post
Is it just my browser, forum bug, or have people recently just come to stop using avatars?
Just wondering because I see so many members these days with no avatars, but then I haven't been active here for a long time so can't tell whether it's a changing trend.

btw, did you already activate https, for me it's not working, just getting a "The page isn't redirecting properly" warning in Firefox.
I haven't had a complaint from anyone about their avatar not appearing so... until I'm notified otherwise I'll assume people are choosing as to their preference. Speaking of which, probably time I updated mine, it's been a decade...

HTTPS is disabled and all HTTPS requests are forced to HTTP currently. In a few weeks, after further analysis, we will probably move to HTTPS only and force all HTTP requests to HTTPS. It's very problematic to have both at the same time.
Old 5th August 2017, 07:53 PM   #9
JensH is offline JensH  Denmark
diyAudio Member

The last couple of days I have received a lot of error messages with Firefox 54.0.1.
It says something like (in my translation from danish):
"The owner of www.diyaudio.com has not configured the website correctly. To avoid that your information is stolen, Firefox has not set up a connection to the website".

The certificate is only valid for the following names: beta.diyaudio.com, files.diyaudio.com, nymadmin.diyaudio.com, nymeria.diyaudio.com

Later there is an error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

The error message does not always come up, but fairly often though.
Old 5th August 2017, 09:40 PM   #10
Ultima Thule is offline Ultima Thule  Europe
diyAudio Member

Jens H, that's about what I noticed earlier too when I tried using DiyA with HTTPS and why I posted a question whether HTTPS is activated, but as Jason stated, it isn't, yet.

SSL ~ HTTPS, but if you use HTTP (without 'S') one shouldn't receive any error message at all as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates in general aren't involved with HTTP traffic, among things such as OCSP look-up.
I am not familiar how FF 54, which is a quite new version, is working, it may be a new feature where FF 54 do some background certificate check even if one uses HTTP without 'S'.

Official bug reporting threadHide this!Advertise here!