Official bug reporting thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Unsure what's going on here, but post 89 of this thread (the one without the picture) seems to be a duplicate.

Thanks. This is the first time I've seen this kind of thing, as far as I'm aware. Anything you know of that might have caused a re-post? Unless we see another occurrence, I'll write this off as a once off. It's very strange considering the > 1 hour time between posts. Thanks for reporting it.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've just tried IE11 and all was calm. No unusual activity.

It might be worth clearing your browser cache and running a disk clean to purge any temp files.

Also could it be an ad ? See if the same ad appears whenever you experience the issue.

Not sure if i'm posting in the correct place but just had a post fail to appear .
#120 in the ' What was the last movie you watched ? ' thread in the lounge shows on the actual thread but not in the recently posted.
Threads i had posted in both a few minutes before and after that one are visible in recent posts list .

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Not sure if i'm posting in the correct place but just had a post fail to appear .
#120 in the ' What was the last movie you watched ? ' thread in the lounge shows on the actual thread but not in the recently posted.
Threads i had posted in both a few minutes before and after that one are visible in recent posts list .

Not sure why that might happen though there are a few special cases where posts are stripped from the front page recent threads list. I checked and your post is definitely in the thread itself. Thanks for the bug report, but unless there are a few reports of this issue it will be swept under the carpet until we migrate to Xenforo (priorities!).

When going back and editing my posts within the time established,
the system puts hard returns or paragraphs tabs between the paragraphs.

So from paragraph to the next where it should be one blank line...

...the system puts two lines between them.

Then if editing my post again to correct the problem...

...three blank lines are placed between, and so on and so forth.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello.
The last two-three days, when I enter the site through a Win XP computer (I've checked it on three different PCs), the page format is shown erratically (see attachments), still functional but attaching files in a reply does not work.
When I use a Win 7 PC the format is the normal one.
Is this something of a temporary issue or it will be permanent?

George

Attachments

• Home.PNG
    Home.PNG
    207.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Any other thread.PNG
    Any other thread.PNG
    66.7 KB · Views: 120
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thank you very much George for the bug report. I'm working through a bit of a strange issue, possibly with the "style" bringing up a zombie style from the past.

1) Can I ask you to view->source on the page when you are viewing a page that is completely "white out" and broken, and let me know what you see in this section:

<style type="text/css" id="vbulletin_css">
/**
* vBulletin 3.8.11 CSS
* Style: 'Move to HTTPS'; Style ID: 15

2) Can I ask you to view->developer->javascript console and copy any errors you see there (both home page and "white out" page)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Jason
Thank you for replying.
I hope what I attach matches what you askeded me to provide.

Attachments 1 & 2 refer to your question #1
Attachments 3 & 4 refer to your question #2

Refreshing cashe doesn't change anything

Regards
George

Attachments

• 1 Home page.pdf
    53.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 2 Any other thread page.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 3 HOME page errors.pdf
    42.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 4 Any other thread errors.pdf
    51.1 KB · Views: 52
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.