Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Tapatalk, system massage: Plugin is not activated Plugin
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th July 2017, 11:40 PM   #1
alexkosha is offline alexkosha  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Tapatalk, system massage: Plugin is not activated Plugin

Can't use Tapatalk started from 2 days ago on my iPhone.
I 'm getting a "System Massage: Tapatalk Plugin is not activated in your forum".
Old 21st July 2017, 12:15 AM   #2
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

One for Jason.

IIRC i have still seen Tapatalk adverts (and erased them) in messages newer than 2 days.

I urge everyone using talatalk to disable the advertisement they append to every message… they violate one of the forum’s rules.

dave
Old 21st July 2017, 03:08 AM   #3
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Tapatalk is currently disabled. I will endeavor to re-enable it again in the future, but as Dave says, it seems to result in an ingress of ads from Tapatalk into the posts themselves. Their plugin requires constant updates, and their codebase is quite bloated and consumes server resources. Nontheless, I'll re-install it when the forum is again stable provided it doesn't have a significant impact on general load times for everyone else.
Old 21st July 2017, 09:22 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi Jason,

Can you advice for any other iOS based programs that can be used instead of Tapatalk?
Old 25th July 2017, 09:21 PM   #5
matt_garman is offline matt_garman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Tapatalk is currently disabled. I will endeavor to re-enable it again in the future, but as Dave says, it seems to result in an ingress of ads from Tapatalk into the posts themselves. Their plugin requires constant updates, and their codebase is quite bloated and consumes server resources. Nontheless, I'll re-install it when the forum is again stable provided it doesn't have a significant impact on general load times for everyone else.
I have a love-hate relationship with Tapatalk. It's main selling point is that it makes whatever forums that support it implicitly mobile-friendly. Unless I'm missing something, diyAudio is hard to use on a mobile device. If there was a theme or other app or some other way by which diyAudio could be as mobile-optimized as it is under Tapatalk, then I wouldn't think twice about moving to something else (I'm on Android by the way).

But in all other respects, Tapatalk sucks. They increasingly pollute the real content with more and more ads. It's at times painfully slow (even when the underlying site is fine). Every update comes with something that breaks, behavior changes, UI changes, and/or other nasties. Even when you disable the "posted via Tapatalk" crap, sometimes they re-enable it without asking. It just strikes me as one of those platforms where they are putting all their effort into profit maximization, rather than having a stable, reliable, consistent application. Pure speculation here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were collecting user behavior/preference data to sell to marketing companies.

Sounds like it sucks on the forum admin side too.
Old 26th July 2017, 05:47 PM   #6
jclin4 is offline jclin4  United States
diyAudio Member

+1 this is spot up on
Old 28th July 2017, 02:10 PM   #7
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Default Tapatalk network error, can't login

No idea what is going on between Tapatalk and this forum. It just stopped working few days ago, while it works with other forums just fine. Reinstalled to no avail, phone is Mi6. I'm not able to login with: network error, try again later.
Old 28th July 2017, 03:53 PM   #8
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

See post # 3 until further notice you can assume tapatalk support is disabled.
Old 30th July 2017, 05:32 PM   #9
kpsthakur is offline kpsthakur  India
diyAudio Member

Exclamation Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Understood...
Old 31st July 2017, 04:13 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi Jason, seems it's started to breath now. Have you enabled it back?

Tapatalk, system massage: Plugin is not activated PluginHide this!Advertise here!