2016-11-14: Server Downtime Report

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The database server hung today. I'm presently in SF for Burning Amp and didn't update my phone number in the server monitoring software when I landed, so didn't get notified of the issue for several hours. Unsure why our server monitoring team didn't resolve this in my absence, and will follow up on that.

Database has been restarted and checked, and seems to be functioning normally now.

Downtime approximately 3 hours.

Jason - I hope everyone's panties are unknotted by now - there are far worse things that can happen

Thanks to you and all the unsung heroes who volunteer their time to keep this "rickety old contraption" ;) motoring along, and the often fractious mob that is us in check

I got the database error when trying to load the site at just before midnight ( uk time ) . Just prior to that the site would half load and show the recent posts page but not allow access to read anything .
All working again this morning and if anything much faster loading / access times , sometimes a forced restart brings benefits i guess :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.