Thank you for keeping the forum consistent ...!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just want to mention how grateful I am to see this site's feel and look had not changed over the years. That's almost 10 years!

Another popular local forum here had done yet another upgrade which is absolutely confusing to use and all external links broken. It is frustrating. We just want to build speakers not learning how to use a forum every year :cool:

Cheers!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Daniel,
The feel and appearance of the forum has always come up whenever we've upgraded back in the planning stages. Jason has worked hard to keep everything clean and functional over the years.

You may see some changes that are unavoidable, but it will be kept as close to the DIYAudio "look and feel". That's the intention. Everyone on the moderating team loves this place and our members, so thanks for the thanks! :)

-Chris

Joined 2008
Paid Member
You may see some changes that are unavoidable, but it will be kept as close to the DIYAudio "look and feel".

Sounds good to me! As long as you're not going to simply switch to a new software and let the place look totally different than before, but try to make the new package look as much like the old one, then I can rest assured :). Since this is not going to be some minor "under the hood" stuff, you're going to have a whole lotta things to do there... Looks like another donation might be appropriate here :D!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Lasse,
I'll second the comments made by Cal. I think we started being moderators around the same time.

The membership hasn't noticed most of the changes as they were applied. Jason and his team are to be commended for their excellent work and attention to detail.

-Chris

I hope Jason and staff doesnt get mad @ me for sharing this (You can delete my reply if you dont want this shared)

In case some of you dont know what Xenforo looks like,here is a site running it..

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 169
I just wanted to say that this forum has become dear to me, well enough, and by my assessment, members of such gravitate to function over form in a serious way. So, I would like to suggest that major changes occur as a matter of technical improvement rather than fad. Information is information. Data is data. It need not be overly processed. That is all...

I just wanted to say that this forum has become dear to me, well enough, and by my assessment, members of such gravitate to function over form in a serious way. So, I would like to suggest that major changes occur as a matter of technical improvement rather than fad. Information is information. Data is data. It need not be overly processed. That is all...

Indeed I really can't say or agree more. I hadn't logged on to this forum for a while due to work/motivation/ideas/life in general and it's soooo refreshing to log in, see the posts as they were, even the familiar looks.

And even links I saved in my favourites ALL still works!!

I wish I could say the same for other audio and non-audio forums I went in the past and used daily. Many had turned really quiet and people are blaming facebook over it :confused:

So THANK YOU... THANK YOU ... and THANK YOU for all the great work the moderators and owners of this site had done

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.