Thank you for keeping the forum consistent ...!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Yea I love it also.....

Thank you Jason for this wonderful VBB site we love...... I know it isnt easy to run and if I could send you a donation I would mate...... I dont have paypal or anything though..... (I guess I could send you cash OR invite someone here that could pay you :))

Thank you mate -- I hope your doing ok!

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...if I could send you a donation I would mate...... I dont have paypal or anything though........

You do not have to have a PPal account to process a payment. PP will process credit cards or bank transfers.

diyAudio - Donations
click click click ....
Donate Using PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Bank Transfer*
To pay for your donation using PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Bank Transfer (availability depends on your country) click the button below to be taken to the paypal website. You do not have to have a Paypal account to make a payment - for all card payments or bank transfers click "Continue" where it says "Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit or debit card to pay".

I had heard of someone mailing a check, but of course you want to know exactly who and where to send it. Perhaps try HelpDesk?
diyAudio Helpdesk

There is also(!) a "Contact Us" message.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/sendmessage.php

I, too, am very grateful that the forum still exists. The maintainers and moderators are to be commended for keeping the quality and civility at this level. The content from the members is first-rate, and their help and understanding for those of us who aren't so experience is exemplary.

Having said that, I feel like the current forum software does need an update.
While I can understand the feeling that current users have comfort with the existing layout and functionality, as a newer user, I was excited to hear that there were plans for an upgrade...

... in 2017.

Is there still a plan to migrate?
Is there a preview of what the new site will look like?
Will e-mail subscriptions work reliably?
Will entries have 'threading'?
Will the 'Next/Previous Thread' links be larger than 8 point?
Just a few of the functionality and UI issues that have been troubling me.

Do you need help?

Kind regards,
Drew

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
We'll be migrating to Xenforo. A thorough analysis of the finalists of the best of "old school" (Xenforo) and "new school" (Discourse) platforms was performed and the winner was Xenforo. At least for the next 5-10 years.

Regards migration progress, the reality is that I've been trying to do too many things at once, and the constant urgent requests for my time from store have taken precedence over upgrading the forum. Right now I'm working every day on putting to bed my other work and projects and re-writing the back-end software for the store from scratch so someone else can run the engine room for that, and then I can give the forum my full attention. It's just a matter of "getting all my ducks lined up in a row", as the saying goes. Then the migration will happen swiftly.

For the forum my vision is migrate to XF, then write our own build guides / project management software to replace guides.diyaudio.com and the wiki, then group buy software, then a marketplace platform. Right now the store is stealing most of my time, and I'm working very clearly and directly to what's required for that to not be the case.

Is there still a plan to migrate? Yes

Is there a preview of what the new site will look like? No, but you can look at the many XF forums to get a feel. I'm not a fan of XF's outdated look but we'll use that as a starting point add improve rather than wholesale reinvent the style. When it comes to upgrades it's a bad idea to make it hard for upgrades to occur.

Will e-mail subscriptions work reliably? Yes, but they do currently. If you're having a problem please post in this forum category.

Will entries have 'threading'? No, it will stay linear

Will the 'Next/Previous Thread' links be larger than 8 point? Yes

Do I need help? No, all good but thanks :) One thing at a time. I have more clarity and focus right now than I've had in a long time.

Last edited:
And there,s me thinking this website is already excellent .

I have posted on some clunkers ,unstable ,problems posting links ,trouble reaching the post wanted etc,many seem programmed by amateurs ,forever needing attended to .

IMHO this website is one of the best engineered I have come across ,especially as my browsers are not standardized but have multiple protection apps as well as much work in about:config to remove a lot of "phoning home " .
This is one website where Waterfox functions without stopping my blockers ,being presented with text .

More and more websites are using Cloud which sometimes treats me like a bot as it want information before I can post and insists I prove who I am by showing me hazy US photos ,thank goodness I know what a US bus looks like .

Very happy with your website it works like a dream for me ,shows a professional engineering touch.

Jason said:
For the forum my vision is migrate to XF, then write our own build guides / project management software to replace guides.diyaudio.com and the wiki, then group buy software, then a marketplace platform. Right now the store is stealing most of my time, and I'm working very clearly and directly to what's required for that to not be the case.

Is there still a plan to migrate? Yes

Is there a preview of what the new site will look like? No, but you can look at the many XF forums to get a feel. I'm not a fan of XF's outdated look...
Well Xen1 looks pretty good on IE6 Jason,its not outdated but Xen2 your right looks like a step backwards.... But I have known you along time and you can do wonderful things!!

I know your time is short and you cant work on the site as much as you want to...

I just wanted to say I didnt mean to annoy you Jason,I notice you disabled your PM and if that was due to me,I am so sorry..... I dont mean to be a pain,I just am very friendly..... Im sorry if I made you upset.......

I think when the change happens to Xenforo,you will do wonders with it :)

God bless.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.