Color of text vs. "clicked" text

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wondering if the software will permit changing the color of "clicked" text so that it is easier to see. Right now the text is obviously a dark blue (ok) but the selected text is a light purple. Hard to differentiate with small text on the screen. So scanning a forum like "Solid State" and looking at the threads, at least I have to look carefully to see which ones have been previously read. Maybe another shade (darker) or color entirely can be set for the previously viewed/selected text??

_-_-bear

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bear,

My text is black and the highlighting is blue. If the text is too small, I just click 'command +' on a mac. That increases everything to the right size and keeps a record of it for this site so I don't have to repeat it. Not sure how that works on a PC but there has to be an equivalent. I'll take a screen shot at actual size.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I see that the screen shot is larger but the colours are correct. See next post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 1.48.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 1.48.59 PM.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 44
Sorry, wasn't clear enough. I am speaking of the thread subject menus, not the posts themselves..

example shown, which after photoshop is a bit easier to see which have been previously selected and which have not, but still, you get this gist of it?

_-_-bear

For example "schemes of no feedback amps" was previously selected, but it's really not that easy to spot.
I am not sure if the selection highlighting color is a function of the OS locally or if it is back at the server - I
would have expected back at the server in the software?? no?

Attachments

• DIY-AUDIO-PAGE.jpg
    DIY-AUDIO-PAGE.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
While I don't have a problem with it I can see exactly what the issue Bear is talking about. I imagine on some displays with limited contrast ratios and limited color range that it might be very difficult to distinguish between a thread that has been viewed and one that has not. The smaller or lower resolution the display the bigger the problem is likely to be. It is quite an issue on my smartphone where I generally cannot comfortably surf here anyway since there is no mobile version.. lol

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Maybe it's browser specific? On the 3 browsers I use, unread threads are bold and easy to see. No mistaking them. I use Opera, FireFox and occasionally Safari

EDIT: No, that's only inside a section. The first page - main page, just does a slight color change.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.