Thread notifier suddenly stopped... no emails

I, too, have noticed that I no longer receive e-mail notification for the threads I am subscribed to.
I have 5 threads, and all are set to "Daily" notices.
I checked my "Spam" folder, but there is nothing there from *@diyaudio.com, while I definitely have other spam messages dating as far back as 2019-12-02.

Kind regards,
Drew

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It could be that the thread you expected a notifier from was last posted to by a newbie... and that seems to be the case here which is a recent thread you have posted to. A newbie posted a reply and then they deleted their post.

Build This MoFo!

Even if the post had not been deleted, the email notifier would not be triggered by a newbies posting.

I think this scenario happens more than we realise.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I haven't been receiving notifications for months now. It could possibly be connected to my service provider (Telus) being out of service for weeks this summer, and then my email account had to be moved to a new server before I could use an email client again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'm sorry for the lack of attention seemingly in this thread. New posts to this thread have been passed over to the helpdesk to resolve but it doesn't look like news of resolutions were posted, making it look like nothing was being done. I'll clear up any issues here now.

Mitchba, David CA, KevinHeem, dliscomb
I can see your mails are delivering correctly and you are not on the suppression list. I believe the helpdesk already took care of each of you, but no update was posted here (The helpdesk has been instructed to do so in the future so it's clear we are listening and resolving issues as they come in).

Ben Mah
Your email address gave us a hard bounce on Oct 3 2019, 8:07am which put you on the suppression list. I have now removed you from the suppression list.

It could be that the thread you expected a notifier from was last posted to by a newbie... and that seems to be the case here which is a recent thread you have posted to. A newbie posted a reply and then they deleted their post.

Build This MoFo!

Even if the post had not been deleted, the email notifier would not be triggered by a newbies posting.

I think this scenario happens more than we realise.

Sorry, so the issue here is a moderated newbie member posts, which can't trigger an email because the post hasn't been verified, but then when it is verified it doesn't trigger notifications to go out as if it had been posted by a regular member? No matter what might be the answer, no, that won't get fixed in vBulletin but I assume won't be a bug in XF once we move to XF ("soon").

Hi, I had a quick look at this topic, but for what I can see, this is not a general problem, so I'm replying here, as the same is happening to me: I don't receive any e-mail notification to subscribed topics. I double checked configuration in profile and that the threads are in fact subscribed. E-mail address is valid. Maybe it got onto suppression list? Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry for the lack of attention seemingly in this thread. New posts to this thread have been passed over to the helpdesk to resolve but it doesn't look like news of resolutions were posted, making it look like nothing was being done. I'll clear up any issues here now.

Mitchba, David CA, KevinHeem, dliscomb
I can see your mails are delivering correctly and you are not on the suppression list. I believe the helpdesk already took care of each of you, but no update was posted here (The helpdesk has been instructed to do so in the future so it's clear we are listening and resolving issues as they come in).

Ben Mah
Your email address gave us a hard bounce on Oct 3 2019, 8:07am which put you on the suppression list. I have now removed you from the suppression list.

Sorry, so the issue here is a moderated newbie member posts, which can't trigger an email because the post hasn't been verified, but then when it is verified it doesn't trigger notifications to go out as if it had been posted by a regular member? No matter what might be the answer, no, that won't get fixed in vBulletin but I assume won't be a bug in XF once we move to XF ("soon").

Jason,

Would you... 'removed me from the suppression list' as well.

Thx,
Rick

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Me too. Don't remember flagging anything as spam since the last reset. Please remove me from your suppression list. Thx.

not receiving e-mail notifications again.

Turk 182 and RedJr, I have removed you from our suppression list but you must now go and deliberately mark diyAudio's emails as "not spam" with your mail host or we may get in trouble with them.

Also, please add webmaster@diyaudio.com to your address book manually.