Thread notifier suddenly stopped... no emails

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> go into your spam folder and mark an email "Not Spam". Some call it Junk instead of Spam.

Attachments

• FF_junk-42.gif
    FF_junk-42.gif
    56 KB · Views: 274
  • gmail-spam-42.gif
    gmail-spam-42.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 276
  • gmail-spam-r-girls.gif
    gmail-spam-r-girls.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 268
Joined 2011
Paid Member
June 23, 2020: thread notification emails stopped

UserCP shows I am subscribed with Instant Notification

Many new posts have been made but I received no emails

Have tried "Mark all forums read" and then waiting a day; still no emails

Looked in Junk folder (Mozilla Thunderbird email client), nothing there

My notifications stopped for a 2nd time, but I just gave up. Not sure why it keeps happening. Go for 9 years without any issue and then stopped within 2 months of being fixed. I've done everything required at my end, so not sure why it keeps happening. In any event, it's not critical, but is convenient to have working correctly. :)

Well ... it's now partly working: I receive daily email notifications about new posts to this thread only, and none of my subscribed threads. Which I find genuinely funny. I think I'll just turn email notification off and continue to check my subscribed threads when I visit diyaudio.

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
redjr and grimberg: we received a spam complaint which is the reason that your email addresses were added to the suppression list. I have now removed both from that list. Please mark diyaudio emails as "not spam" or "not junk" and add 'webmaster@diyaudio.com' to your address book.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
We're not exactly sure but when can tell exactly when your mail host (usually Gmail) tells us you have reported an email as spam. Probably clicking an "unsubscribe" button in the Gmail interface instead of using the link in the actual email. This will get looked into closely when we move to the new forum software in the coming months.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> your mail host ...tells us you have reported an email as spam. Probably clicking an "unsubscribe" button in the Gmail interface

I only use TBird so I had to look at gMail. There are multiple ways to flag a message. Spam, Phish, and "I don't want to see George DeS" (or DIYaudio).

Attachments

• GeorgeDeS---Gmail-42.gif
    GeorgeDeS---Gmail-42.gif
    67.6 KB · Views: 135