IE 8 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I login to this site with Internet Explorer 8 and check "stay logged in" (or don't check it), the site checks me in successfully but then does not display my username; it still shows that there is no one logged in and has blanks for the username and password. But in fact I'm logged in which can be seen when-

-I refresh.
-I click a link

In these cases my info comes up and then it seems that I'm in.

Also, if I try to post a new thread using IE 8, it seems to work fine until I hit "submit" and then the page reloads itself endlessly. On and on and on. I have to click a link or hit "Home" to get the refreshing to stop.

Is it just me? These two issues happen with 3 computers using IE 8, some on Win XP and some on Vista. And this happens every single time.

Last edited:
My issues should be pretty common, as indicated by JBdV, has no one else experienced them?

I have the latest Java and update all the time (auto update).

Yes I have tried other browsers and they do not have the same problems. But I'd like to get the few PCs I use on IE8 to work!

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Actually we just had someone write to the helpdesk with this problem as well. Nothing major has changed on the site in a long time, and I don't get any problem on my IE8.

I'm using 8.0.7600.16385 on Win 7 x64.

If you could kindly contribute your exact setup it would be very much appreciated.

I've seen this issue with a couple of my board members as well. It usually occurred after I'd upgraded the software or had made changes to the cookie settings for vB.

In almost all cases, nuking the browser cache and restarting the browser worked.

I say 'almost all' because I had one user who kept having this issue intermittently. It would work, fail after a few months, work, etc.

The problem was fixed when they gave up on IE and, eventually, moved back to IE after buying a new laptop (aka - a new windows install). :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.