Can't attach Photo's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I was posting to a thread last night and when I attempted to attach a photo nothing I did would result with the image being shown. I have successfully attached photo's and drawings in the past so I am familiar with the process and have seldom had any problems other than running into the size limit of 100K.

I was under the impression that when I performed this operation that I was uploading the image to your server but it appears that something else is going on here and I'm unsure as to what it is.

I went and viewed my other post that had attachments and they are all missing the images I uploaded - but my personal photo is still viewable in the avitar.

I have just installed new security software - Zone Alarm Security Suite by Check Point- which includes Internet protection and I wonder if it may be blocking request by you to link back to my files or something of the sort. This is the only common denominator that I can think of that would cause all of the attached images to no longer be visible.

I don't expect anyone at your site to be an expert on the Zone Alarm security software - there are so many different versions of security software about now days that it's a challenge to even know they exist, let alone the inner workings of them. But if you can tell me how this linking back to my computer is supposed to work I should be able to find the bug and clear things up. I expect that the software has blocked a port or something of that sort. But that doesn't make make much sense as it means that the links would be lost whenever I was off-line.

Can you give me a clue as to what is going on here? :xeye:

Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• jimmy.jpg
    jimmy.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 69
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Dan,

You win the prize sir! The answer is that Zone Alarm sees the photo's as "banner ads"

The options are under the major heading of "Privacy". Within that selection there is an "options" button to press that will take you to the "ad blocking" area. When you finally get to ad blocking select "banner ads".

Simple huh?

Thanks for the help Mate!!

:cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.