• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

RMAF 2012 and Free Urushi Caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RMAF is next week!

Please visit Feastrex Room 1121

We are planning to give away some Urushi Caps by Teramoto-san.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Equipment Plan:
Feastrex NF9ex in F90 cabinet
Feastrex NF5ex in F60 cabinet
Feastrex FE3DQ field coil power supply
Maekawa TA-300B SET all finemet irons
Maekawa CV4055pp all finemet irons
McAudi Class-D amplifier
McAudi DSD Transport (SACD)
McAudi DSD DAC
McAudi AC Line conditioner
TVC (finemet transformer volume control prototype)
Stillpoints Ultra SS
Stillpoints ESS Rack
Zilplex room treatment

NF9ex in F90 cabinets
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Kingswell hall Yamanashi Japan

Volti Audio will have their Veretta in Room 590.

Feastrex NF5 alnico in Veretta

Takatsuki TA-300B SET arrived!

Yesterday, custom's broker called me, and I could pick up 300B SET at United cargo!

This amp went through several audio shows and DIY fest in Japan. You can find photo on MJ magazine.

It weight about 35Kg.

All_Finemet_300B_21.jpg

All_Finemet_300B_20.jpg

NF9ex in F90 cabinet, TA-300B SET, Modified Oppo DSD transport
Now I am waiting for Teramoto-san! He will hand carry DSD DAC on this Sunday!!!:D
NF9ex_6.jpg

Beautiful!

RMAF is next week!

Please visit Feastrex Room 1121

We are planning to give away some Urushi Caps by Teramoto-san.

Equipment Plan:
Feastrex FE3DQ field coil power supply
Maekawa TA-300B SET all finemet irons
Maekawa CV4055pp all finemet irons
McAudi Class-D amplifier
McAudi DSD Transport (SACD)
McAudi DSD DAC
McAudi AC Line conditioner
TVC (finemet transformer volume control prototype)
Stillpoints Ultra SS
Stillpoints ESS Rack
Zilplex room treatment

NF9ex in F90 cabinets

Kingswell hall Yamanashi Japan

Volti Audio will have their Veretta in Room 590.

Feastrex NF5 alnico in Veretta
AHHHHHHH! Yes! I love the NF5s in the Veretta! Wish I could afford the Feastrex!:headbash: My wife would say no way:nownow: But I could do similarly styled cabinets with Fostex maybe. Or....maybe I'll get an inheritance and buy the Feastrex NF5s!:)

Thanks for the beautiful post!

Kenji, just got your email, THANKS!

I have an EL34 SET amp with Mundorf silver/oil caps, should be a good comparison! I am also using Omega Super 3 XRS speakers, which are an amazing speaker for the price, if you can't afford a Feastrex these are a great option.

And thanks for the demo at RMAF, the NF5ex played one of my demo tracks (Bonobo's "Walk in the Sky") better than any other speaker at RMAF, and not just by a little bit!

Pre RMAF 2012

Sunday Oct. 7th
9:50AM, Teramoto-san flew into Nashville airport. He came to the baggage area with red bag with top secret supply from Japan! How he went through the US custom, don't ask don't tell...

Welcome to Music City USA

After we got all his luggage, we went to straight to my house and fired up McAudi DSD DAC.

McAUDI was the prime contractor for SONY professional, and they made the first discrete DSD A2D/D2A. McAUDI equipped DSD interface board on Oppo 93. Now we have SACD transport! Silver box under the Oppo is McAUDI DSD DAC.

I will write more about McAUDI on my next post

Teramoto-san also brought new AC line conditioner, co-developed with McAudi. Yes this unit also use our special finemet device!

Monday Oct. 8th
After testing all the demo equipments, we load our van and went to La Hacienda Mexican restaurant for the dinner! This was Teramoto-san's first Mexican food!:eek:

Tuesday Oct. 9th
We drove from Nashville TN to Kansas city. Our Choice of lunch was St. Louis BBQ!

Audio Feast meets McAudi

Teramoto-san @ Feastrex took me to McAUDI in this spring. After we ate amazing noodle at Yokohama China town, we went to MacAUDI. Masahiro Yamaguchi is the man at the McAUDI, brand name for Dai-ichi Tsushin Kogyo Co.,Ltd.

Sony Esprit to modern Class D amplifier:
Dai-ichi Tsushin Kogyo Co.,Ltd was the prime contractor for SONY. If you are visiting RMAF, you know about SONY Esprit amplifiers. It is one of Yamaguchi-san's design. Esprit amplifier had switching mode power supply (Pulse Locked Power Supply). If you have question for Sony TA-N901, Yamagushi-san is the man.

McAUDI has over 30 years of experience with class-D circuit for Audio. Now we have his latest digital amplifier, McAUDI M1002 for RMAF2012

SACD Transport & DSD DAC:
His company also designed the first discrete DSD AD/DA coveter for SONY. They spent over one million dollars for 8 prototypes. Some lucky people had some chances to listen this DAC, they said even today it is one of the best sounding DSD DAC.

After we rediscovered superior sound quality of DSD over PCM, McAUDI developed DSD interface card for Oppo, SACD Transporter and DSD DAC. This DSD DAC can also take SPDIF, USB input and more... We have the first production pair in here RMAF.

Discrete Op-amp:
When I was at McAUDI, I was sniffing around his office. I found many interesting toys. Feastrex NF5ex, Ray Audio Studio monitor, and SONY Studio monitor (one specially designed for SONY founder, Mr. Morita). Yes I listened all of them! I was not shy at all!!

One of his desk had some kind of modules. I did smell something good and asked him about it. It was his discrete Op-amp module. His company designed many recording equipments, and the Op-amp was originally used for SONY mixing consoles...

Yes! his extraordinary Op-amps are available for your DIY projects!:)

Cheers,
Kenji

Setup Day RMAF

Thursday Oct. 11th

Right after 7am, We finished exhibitor registration and start loading our equipments from loading elevators. At 8am we could start playing!!

20121011_092037.jpg

Around 9am Bruce Jacobs showed up with Stillpoints ESS Rack with Grid technology!! He helped us assembling their new rack. It is bit more complicated than older style rack with acrylic board, but this new model sounds so much better!

20121011_111648.jpg

Final touch was done by Zilplex room acoustic treatment.
20121011_161928.jpg

Wiebe Greydanus of Zilplex is setting up his silver cups!
20121011_163059.jpg

20121011_162026.jpg

We, Audiophile has great taste for music, but people in Japanese spa has better touch for room decorations. I hired Kaz from Ten Thousand Waves for the task! Kaz did great job in our room!

20121012_110953.jpg

20121012_112005.jpg

While we were listening and looking at equipment, they (ladys) could try out hands lotions and candys! Oh what a concept!;)

Here is the link to Ten Thousand Waves They are located Santa Fe, NM. Great get away spot!

Show Time!

Friday Oct. 12th

People start flowing into the room right before lunch time! In this show, set up was much easier than previous one. We were relaxed and enjoying the music with visitors!

We used:
Maekawa TA-300B SET
Oppo93 SACD Transport
McAUDI DSD DAC
finemet TVC for volume control (my DIY unit, production model was not ready!!)

20121012_091215.jpg

We were the only people who had SACD transport in this show. This McAUDI modified Oppo 93 has DSD interface board with 3 BNC connectors, R-data, L-data, and Clock.
20121012_230121.jpg

McAUDI DSD DAC (also has SPDIF, USB input). Silver box under Oppo is the DAC.
CT6A4604.jpg

Show Time Day 2

Saturday Oct.13

We used:
McAudi M1002 stereo amplifier (class-d)
Oppo93 SACD Transport
McAUDI DSD DAC

I was asked many times, Are you playing 300B now?
No, we are playing McAUDI class-D amplifier.
Oh...

It was a very good compliment for the class-d amplifier!:)

If you missed RMAF, you also missed great live performance!! (anne bisson)

After eating American Beef, we met Mr.Volti, Greg Roberts in Lobby area!!:D

Show Time Day3

Sunday Oct.14

We used:
Maekawa 300B SET
Oppo93 SACD Transport
McAUDI DSD DAC

When you walked into Audio Feast room, you could smell Lily, and whole room was filled with relaxed ambiance.

When we played Ella and Louis, magic happened in our room. Ella and Louis were there! Many visitors stayed there for long time! Wow and amazing were the key words!

After the show, Two great craftmen of the world, Clark Blumenstein of Blumenstein Audio and Teramoto-san shared some local brew, Fat Tire;)

I have the Urushi caps in my preamp right now.

My preamp is an Aikido running 6SN7 tubes. It has 2 outputs, one with the .47 uF Urushi caps, the other has .47 uF RelCap PCU copper foil and film caps which retail for $113 each. I can switch outputs by moving the outputs to my amp from one set of RCA jacks to the other, which should allow very quick switching between caps. I will let the Urushi caps break in for a while before I switch outputs and compare them.

Once they burn in and I compare the caps in my preamp I will move the Urushi caps to my amp, which currently uses .22 uF Mundorf silver/oil as interstage coupling caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.