• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

News from Feastrex Japan

Hello Gar the Gery,

Which 9" information are you looking for, NF9ex? NF9ex specification is very similar to NF9 Alnico, but they just came out and I do not have all the information. If you need specific information, please ask.

As for pricing please send me a PM.;)

I am still in process for setting up my page, and my email address is on top of the page.

Kenji

TheShow Room #4041 Feastrex, Exemplar and Stillpoints

Feastrex NF5ex with our latest Field coil power supply will be at THE SHOW next week!!!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The field coil power supply is fully open loop with ALL finemet irons, dual mono power transformers, choke input power supply with two chokes per channel, and film capacitors... :D

We will be at room #4041, and teaming up with Exemplar Audio and Stillpoints.

If you are reading this, you know John Tucker and his famous SET. We are expecting to have his latest 300B SET next week.
Stillpoints is OEM feet for Feastrex, and I do not have enough of them yet!!
If you are coming to CES/TheShow, please come join us @ Flamingo #4041

Kenji

Hi Kenji,

Thanks for the photo of the power supply .. very nice.... :) Wish I could join you guys at the show... Btw sent you a pm as well...

We will be at room #4041, and teaming up with Exemplar Audio and Stillpoints.

If you are reading this, you know John Tucker and his famous SET. We are expecting to have his latest 300B SET next week.
Stillpoints is OEM feet for Feastrex, and I do not have enough of them yet!!
If you are coming to CES/TheShow, please come join us @ Flamingo #4041

Kenji

All Finemet TA-300B SET

Feastrex's amp builder, Mr. Maekawa just sent me status update for my All finemet iron 300B SET.

Every iron on this amp is finemet.

Unfortunately, this will not be ready for this CES, but we will have it for RMAF!!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

All Finemet Iron Cv4055 push-pull Amplifier

Feastrex Japan has small tube stereo amplifier with CV4055 push-pull.

Initially they were using Finemet Output transformers with R-core power transformer.

After they realised advantage of Finemet core, they start using Finemet chokes, and finally finemet power transformer.

Their development did not stop there. Now this little giant killer has choke input power supply with Finemet Choke, and specially selected film capacitors. Difference between capacitor input power supply and choke input power supply are dramatic!!

Maekawa-san is trying to finish this amp right now. Yes, above pictures are my amp!! I cannot wait to listen NF9ex with this little Giant!!!

Teramoto-san is switching back and forth with All Finemet Takatsuki TA-300B SET and his Little Giant! He said days in Feastrex Japan is Heavenly:D

Finemet Transformer Volume Control

Feastrex Guys in Japan were using newmann W444ST for their volume control, preamplifier.

W444ST is VERY good preamplifier for the price. It has transformer coupled solid state circuit. After refreshing electrolytic capacitors with Panasonic FC, it sounds very nice!

Development for NF9ex is done, and finally we have time for experimenting with Finemet Transformer volume control:)

Seiden premium rotary switches, Custom Finmet Transformers, and wiring with same solid core wire in the transformers.

Aren't they beautiful? :D
These are Akiyama-san's handy work!

Teramoto-san's unit has beefy base and Stillpoints Ultra SS. These Stillpoints feet are amazing thing! These particular Stilppoints Ultra SS were mine, but when he saw Seiden Switches, Custom Finemet Transformers and base board, he decided to snatch my Stillpoints! He did not ask... He just sent me this photo:crazy:

Finemet Transformer Volume Control

Akiyama-san just finished his Finemet Transformer Volume Control.
Feastrex is trying to get ready for production model!!

I am planning to visit Feastrex Japan on weekend of March 15th. If anyone want to join, please let me know!:D

Amplifiers in Progress, with all finemet irons

Maekawa-san (Amplifier builder @ Feastrex Japan) is working hard on my amps. CV4055 push-pull and TA300B SET. These will be my demo amplifier for Audio Feast.

If you are a Feastrex owner in USA, please contact Audio Feast for special pricing!:D

Both amplifiers use finemet transformers and finemet chokes. Yes, power transformers are also finemet, and rectifier cuircuits are choke input.

CV4055 push-pull
8w/ch
This amp is just assembled and finalizing the detail. Conceptual design for CV4055pp was done by Teramoto-san at Feastrex. Detail design and building were done by Maekawa-san.

Takatsuki 300B SET
9w/ch,
Urushi wood work is done by Tanaka-san.
We are waiting for some parts for finishing capacitor wiring on the top of the amp. I am expecting to have this amp in early May in Nashville, TN.

Vintage Maxonic drivers are very popular in Japan. Some of their drivers are field coil drivers. Their price on auction market is much heigher than original retail price. We had demonstration with all finemet TA-300B SET, with all finemet field coil power supplies (6 channel). Speaker crossover inductors and level attenuators are also finemet inductors. CD player in the picture is also heavily modified with finemet DAC transformers and other special devices. ;)

TA-300B SET

Hello merk,

This is our first prototype, my demo - personal amp for Audio Feast;) This is 300B SET, and power is about 9W. Yes, you can use your WE300B.

TA-300B itself costs about $1600 pair in USA. I think this amp will be no less than $30K. This amplifier will be made to order, and chassis and finish design can be arranged.

It weight over 30Kg, over 70LBS. We are considering mono block due to this weight.

Kenji

Hello merk,

This is our first prototype, my demo - personal amp for Audio Feast;) This is 300B SET, and power is about 9W. Yes, you can use your WE300B.

TA-300B itself costs about $1600 pair in USA. I think this amp will be no less than $30K. This amplifier will be made to order, and chassis and finish design can be arranged.

It weight over 30Kg, over 70LBS. We are considering mono block due to this weight.

Kenji

kenji,

THANKS

regards