• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Cabinet for NF5EX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Clark,

Forgot to mention.. system's not mine.. how I wish I has all those good stuff.. The owner of the sytem did a fantastic job on his Vinyl set-up as well.... The Micro-Seiki TT , Breuer Tonearm and cartridge were very well set-up and integrated with the amplification....

You've got to have one of the best sounding single driver systems in the world here, all factors considered. Bravo!

My good friend Sanjay Nambiar redesigned the orginal Feastrex cabinets .. I heard it briefly.. Excellent sounding cabinets.. It's quite an overkill cabinets with Vertical and Horizontal bracings.. 1" plywood used all round. Will post some pictures of the cabinet below....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's a picture with the back panel removed..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's a top down internal view showing the horizontal and vertical bracings..

Here's another view showing the bracing bolted to the NF5EX driver..

Awesome! I like to build with vertical and horizontal bracing. Are the plans for these cabinets available?

Afaik the black is the urushi coated brass vs the vanilla brass plug.

Has anyone else noticed the new alpha "shingle cone" 5 inch models?
The main site says that from here forward all models will be phased into this single cone style design.
Kinda surpirsed there wasn't an announcement here!

From what I've experience with MA drivers this is definitely an exciting development.

Edit: single cone. SINGLE! My god my Japanified English is bad =P

The latest phase plugs are the gold plated brass phase plugs.. The earlierversion phase plugs were the black colour acrylic type.

I checked the eBay store and I noticed the drivers are pictured with a phase plug that looks gold in color and one that looks almost black. I like the gold colored one. How do you get the one you want? :headbash: Also, what happened to the Feastrex listing on the vendor threads here?

Getting anxious

I was hoping to get either a set of 5 inch Feastrex or 9 inch Feastrex after I sell enough of my multi driver speakers. Maybe next year, if not a little sooner. There is no way I can buy now. So I will probably miss out on Feastrex. Why are they going to single cones? Everybody who heard the whizzer cone models, even before specs were available, raved about them; best in the world etc.:smash::headbash:

Nice to see some fresh interest in the Feastrex line. I was lucky to be one of the early buyers of the D5nf in November 2007 and got the wholesale price :D

I built a pair of the initial design version of the Frugal-Horn Spawn cabinets in solid red oak and have been listening to them ever since. They have been solid performers driven with a pair 45 SET monoblocks.

Attachments

• d5nfhorn.gif
    d5nfhorn.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC00679.jpg
    DSC00679.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC00591.jpg
    DSC00591.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC00593.jpg
    DSC00593.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC00660.jpg
    DSC00660.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 372
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.