• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Cabinet for NF5EX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My good friend Sanjay Nambiar redesigned the orginal Feastrex cabinets .. I heard it briefly.. Excellent sounding cabinets.. It's quite an overkill cabinets with Vertical and Horizontal bracings.. 1" plywood used all round. Will post some pictures of the cabinet below....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's a picture with the back panel removed..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's a top down internal view showing the horizontal and vertical bracings..

Here's another view showing the bracing bolted to the NF5EX driver..

Last edited:
Waooo... mean looking bracing, out to kill all box resonance.
Is the sounding a bit dead with this implementation compared to your pryamid box?

Hi Bro,

This box is also pryamid like mine... Sanjay drew it as such. I really like the openness and clarity of this box. My current box is still a bit boxy... Anyway, went down to Mr Lim's place yesterday.. I'm asking him to build another more overkill box for me... ;)

Last edited:
very nice! nice meeting you at tony's place last saturday.

till now i'm still mesmerized by the feastrex sound.

has anyone implemented the 5" field coil with the 9" feastrex radiator? i can only imagine how fast it would sound

Hi,

Yes, very nice meeting you too... Really like the CDs you brought. I was too was quite surprised at how well Tony's Delite amp matched the NF5Ex.

Keep in touch.. Will invite you over again once I get my new cabinets done up..

Cheers

William

My cabinet (standard updated br design) currently has no bracing at all inside but I plan to make a rear access panel near the top so I can fit a horizontal cross brace so I can screw the rear of the driver magnet onto it. Is this a worth while tweak? Is making a verticle brace more effective?

I am trying to remove as much boxiness and boominess effects as possible.

Currently my dilemma is with 1 tozwas paper box directly behind the driver, it stops standing wave effects and boominess in the mid range. But I find it also takes away some midrange 'life' and 'body' as well. Is there anything else I can try ? I'm hoping the crossbrace will help with the boominess..

I did stick sound dampening strips internally around the bass port and that did tighten and clean up the bass a bit.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Tuyen

My cabinet (standard updated br design) currently has no bracing at all inside but I plan to make a rear access panel near the top so I can fit a horizontal cross brace so I can screw the rear of the driver magnet onto it. Is this a worth while tweak? Is making a verticle brace more effective?

I am trying to remove as much boxiness and boominess effects as possible.

Currently my dilemma is with 1 tozwas paper box directly behind the driver, it stops standing wave effects and boominess in the mid range. But I find it also takes away some midrange 'life' and 'body' as well. Is there anything else I can try ? I'm hoping the crossbrace will help with the boominess..

I did stick sound dampening strips internally around the bass port and that did tighten and clean up the bass a bit.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Tuyen

Hi Tuyen,

I just got back from an overseas trip. I will send you some sketch of the bracing I've done later. Yes, bracings will reduce the boxiness and help improve the image focus.

I'm beginnig to build the newest version of feastrex cabinets on monday, thank you BTW for sending the plan for those.

How is the middle bracing in this threads enclosures been built? Is it one big wooden board from top to bottom that has holes at the same spots that don't have the bracings that surround the borders? I will definitely have at least the wall bracings included in my cabinets.

I'm beginnig to build the newest version of feastrex cabinets on monday, thank you BTW for sending the plan for those.

How is the middle bracing in this threads enclosures been built? Is it one big wooden board from top to bottom that has holes at the same spots that don't have the bracings that surround the borders? I will definitely have at least the wall bracings included in my cabinets.

Yes, the middle top to bottom bracing has holes in them.. you can see the pics in the 1st post.. The sketch I sent you is a simplified design without the
middle top to bottom brace.

The latest version of this cabinet we made is bamboo and plywood hybrid cabinet of 33mm thickness.. A short video below :

Feastrex NF5-EX PIP + Full Kondo Setup - YouTube

William, phenomenal work. I'd love to fly right out there to hear your system. Those PIP's are very special indeed, and I remember when Mr. Teramoto was putting together the final design on their magnets right before I left.

You've got to have one of the best sounding single driver systems in the world here, all factors considered. Bravo!

Hi Clark,

Thanks a lot for you kind comments... yes this whole set up is really stunning.. If you can do pop by Singapore... I've got lots of crazy and fun stuff to show you, we'll have a great time.... :)

William, phenomenal work. I'd love to fly right out there to hear your system. Those PIP's are very special indeed, and I remember when Mr. Teramoto was putting together the final design on their magnets right before I left.

You've got to have one of the best sounding single driver systems in the world here, all factors considered. Bravo!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.