• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface

Some time back there was some talk of a possible update for the mac drivers that might support DoP playback for Audirvana or jriver. My personal interests are moving from pcm to dsd in my main system and I'm exploring what is possible with the exau2i. From reading back through this thread seems that in windows the asio drivers do support native up to DSD512? And in OSX if I wire it direct, one data line per channel, DSD64 or 128 from coreaudio? In Audirvana direct mode(Mavericks) I can bypass coreaudio and possibly also get this for 4 channel DSD128? Just checking what is possible, I am not expecting any new DoP driver for mac, lol. Thanks!

More research and I can answer my own questions. DSD with Exau2i is limited to the windows app that Flemming created for us back a few years ago, if we were willing to re-wire the transport for it. No DSD playback is available within mac OS. I wish Exau2i could at least playback DSD on windows now that there are more high quality DSD capable players.

For future support please contact us from the exaSound.com website.

Hello.
I tried to contact you from exa web page and support e-mail without a succes.
Could respose and help me with installing my exaU2I on Win10?
I have a package drivers Win8 64Bit but it does not work.
Can it be a problem, that I have to mount new DLP Usb 1232H modul on my exa after damage the usb input of the original one?
please help
Andrzej

Aradan,

The Exa Asio driver works with JRiver, but Windows itself will not find it. Not sure why. My computer says no sound devises found. Tidal will not find it either. It has been this way for a long time.

John

Thanks John you saved me :)

I have read in this thread before that windows might be blocking unsigned drivers and that is one of the reasons.

Tried disabling signature check and installed the driver it did not help.

Although the apps have got an optuonal ASIO output, but the stream was not picked up as device was not recognized.

JRiver works perfectly !

I think JRiver might be accesing the driver directly