• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface

Congratulations!

You've mentioned that a similar issue was reported on the J River support forum. Could you send me the link? Perhaps your solution can be used to solve the other case.

Best,

exa065

Yes, it's here: ASIO crackling noise on centre & LFE channels

But this guy didn't have a hardware problem, since he was already up and running with 6 channels in Foobar. I guess that whatever it was it is solved now.

Here's a photo of the finished dac.

Attachments

• bilde (1).JPG
    bilde (1).JPG
    839.3 KB · Views: 971
I have a Buffalo II (100MHz clock) and Buffalo III dac connected to a exau2i for 2 + 6 channels. I use a Arduino (hifiduino code) to control the dacs. What are the best settings for 384kHz 32bit sound for the quantizer setting, DPLL setting, filter setting, NOTCH delay and OSF bypass?

I am experiencing some dropouts/distortion with 384kHz 32bit sound. So far 7bit true quantizer, BEST dpll, Slow filter, /64 notch and OSF on seems the best stable setting. (Just started experimenting)

Last edited:
I have a Buffalo II and Buffalo III dac connected to a exau2i for 2 + 6 channels. I use a Arduino (hifiduino code) to control the dacs. What are the best settings for 384kHz 32bit sound for the quantizer setting, DPLL setting, filter setting, NOTCH delay and OSF bypass?

Your question is about the DAC. You will find plenty of information on this topic on the hifiduino website.

Hello.

Thank you for your help in the past.

I bought two exau2i. I love the great sound!
I just have an issue with one of them.

I get the FIFO light and the sample rate lights, but I get no lock on the DAC.
This only happens with one of the exau2i and not the other, as I am easily able to swap them out.

Would it be possible for me to send it in to you to have it checked out?

I tried your support form on the site, but it seems to be broken.

Thanks a lot!

Hello.

Thank you for your help in the past.

I bought two exau2i. I love the great sound!
I just have an issue with one of them.

I get the FIFO light and the sample rate lights, but I get no lock on the DAC.
This only happens with one of the exau2i and not the other, as I am easily able to swap them out.

Would it be possible for me to send it in to you to have it checked out?

I tried your support form on the site, but it seems to be broken.

Thanks a lot!

I am sorry about the broken link. We tried to fix it a week ago, I wasn't aware that the problem has reappeared. Please send me a PM with your name and email, and will send you back instructions for the return.

Regards,

George

Please post to this thread if you think you are interested to buy one. Indicate your preferences:

Very late to this party, but definitely interested!

My preferences are:

- all in one board
- two channel only
- PCM and DSD
- will use initially with a diy TDA1541A (16-bit only) DAC, then later a high res/DXD capable chip, probably ESS.
- wrt clocks, whatever gives the best sound: I assume all clocks installed...

You mention cost, but i cannot seem to find a cost for this or even the original product... can we have a rough indication?

Thanks!

- richard

Also very interested in next generation exaU2I.

- PCM 1704 with built-in DSP (upsampling up to 32bit/192kHz)
- two channel, PCM
- native support under Linux (Sotm tx-usbexp + TinycoreMPD)

Can somebody tell me if it is possible to use exaU2I instead of existing usb interface in my Dac Audio-GD Master 7? It has 24.576 clock for upsampler and 12.000 for usb input.
ºÍ§Ó­µ响

Regards, Alex.

- will use initially with a diy TDA1541A (16-bit only) DAC

... so some time passes and i found that EXA had a couple of EAU2I boards left, so I jumped at the chance and bought one for use with the above chip.

It just arrived today, and in my excitement I just looked at the EXA web site and saw that the I2S output data is always 32-bit. Uh oh... my bad for not doing my homework... :(

So googling around just now, i found way back in this thread (around post 674 from almost exactly 2 years ago) user "regal" asking about this very issue and concluding that it "should" work, assuming that the TDA1541A will ignore the redundant 16 bits after the 16-bit data.

However, it looks like he then became upset and unsubscribed from the thread, so presumably he never tried it out.

Clearly i will be finding this out for myself, but in the meantime (i can't do it for a few days), has anyone else tried this?

- richard

it "should" work, assuming that the TDA1541A will ignore the redundant 16 bits after the 16-bit data.

Now i can answer my own question.

This afternoon I finally connected up my new EXAU2I to my TDA1541A DAC, and i'm pleased to report that it works just fine. :D

On a MAC, you need to run the dashboard app at the same time as your player app, so make sure that you don't run your player app in exclusive or hog mode, or it doesn't work (that caught me out for about 15 minutes!) :eek:

- richard

Hi,

I've just received an exau2i but I'm a bit surprised it's not working at all with asio4all. All my soundcards are compatible but not the exaDevices. In my case it's a real problem because I was hoping to use it as a 6 outputs for my active speaker (3-way) managed via VST Host or Reaper.

Any idea how to use my exau2i with VST host?

Also very interested in next generation exaU2I.

- PCM 1704 with built-in DSP (upsampling up to 32bit/192kHz)
- two channel, PCM
- native support under Linux (Sotm tx-usbexp + TinycoreMPD)

Can somebody tell me if it is possible to use exaU2I instead of existing usb interface in my Dac Audio-GD Master 7? It has 24.576 clock for upsampler and 12.000 for usb input.
ºÍ§Ó*µ响

Regards, Alex.

The USB32 has I2S out and there are two internal I2S inputs, so it should work. This is something I want to try as well.