would like some opinions..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

Would realy appreciate any ideas and opinions on my 3rd yr Bsc product design degree major project. pasted below a sections from my brief outline what i'm trying to achieve,

This project will focus on making loudspeakers more suitable for use in minimal living places, where an uncluttered appearance with clean lines is desired.

Accompanying this; improving the potential for being moved regularly so they can be used in different locations within and away from the user’s living space. This will be done by utilising computer technology enabling the storage of data within the units themselves.

Integration into the computerised home will be a key element taking advantage of wireless technology and home networking. Creating a more sleek appearance to the currently required layout, that usually includes loudspeakers, amplifier and source of data.

Finally creating a solution that does not require separate devices, i.e. everything is integrated into the loudspeakers themselves.

Thanks!

To produce real bass from a small cabinet check out compound enclosures, the can be kept 30% smaller in order to produce the same rolloff as a BR enclosure...

Exuse me for my poor drawing skills (with mouse..:( )

Attachments

• compound.jpg
    compound.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 142
That could be usefull cheers, not sure yet if i'm aiming for a cabinet or a flat panel approach. Quite like Wharfedales Loudpanel, tho Acoustic Energy just released bluetooth loudspeakers in association with Orange, and a wi-fi radio which looks interesting.

Initially was thinking loudspeakers in every room of a house, all linked using wi-fi, could stream different music to each, not sure if thats desired as yet tho.

Guess it all comes down to appearance or quality against function!

Hi,

Acoma said:
Guess it all comes down to appearance or quality against function!

The Order of the Universe in marketing:

1) Looks
2) Price
3) Quality/functionality

Most unfortunate, the majority of the consumers buy audio first with their eyes, next with their wallet and last and least, with their ears :(

kaybee said:
uncluttered, no space ?

start looking at the walls and ceilings.

A Cornu for good example:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/cornu/cornu_2.html

Geek said:

Another example:
http://www.dali.dk/int/page191.aspx?sub=218&placement=7
(click on the names marked red). I haven't heard them but I guess the sound is reasonable. :)

I think the trend is to get really small speakers that you can hardly see and the sound is so nice and smooth because you don't get any details. :xeye:
Girls prefer shiny things that look nice and they tend to have the last word when it involves house decorating.
In some ways this is good because you can get so much good old stuff now which is being thrown out cos the girls don't like their husband's big speakers and amps. :devilr:

cviller said:

In some ways this is good because you can get so much good old stuff now which is being thrown out cos the girls don't like their husband's big speakers and amps. :devilr:

True, I got some ESL-57's this way...:cool:

And pinkmouse, I do carry speakers around a lot. For example I made a bicycle soundsystem last summer (only it was a tad to big and heavy, I'm now working on miniaturizing it with the least loss in performance).

A group of friends (hooligans) want to organize party's (illegal) this way and be able to ride away in different directions when the cops come..:devilr:

The photo shows very small test versions (with a 2" fullrange speaker)
They are also my avatar..:)

Attachments

• amp32werkend.jpg
    amp32werkend.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 69
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.