Help I need a file!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,
I am trying to install a Dell 922 printer. During the installation a "microsoft visual c++ runtime library" error comes up saying there was a "Runtime Error! Abnorman program termination" with the file DLBTPSWX.EXE

I cant find the file on my PC so can someone send it to me????

Thanks all
Lawrence

OS is XP.
I dont have the installation disk, it dissapeared. I downloaded the installation file from Dell web site.

I have been installing and reinstalling with no luck. I keep getting the "Runtime Error! Abnorman program termination" with the file DLBTPSWX.EXE
I also get the same error message when I press the "Scan" button on the printer.

Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be?

Thanks
Lawrence

I did download the file from Dell.
Installing and uninstalling does not work.
At the end of the installation I get the same error message, which is also the same error message when I press the "Scan" button on the printer.
The DLBTPSWX.EXE file is on the computer but it seems that it may be currupted. I am not sure....

Anyone have a clue???

I have many times got my problems solved
by copying the exact error message, or a part of it
and do a google search.

most of the time somebody else has got into this error
and is asking for help at some forum
And I can see what advice they got

so lets search for:
"runtime error" "Dell 922" install

here are the results of the web jury:
seach results

to get even more hits, you can try remove the 'install'
and search for
"runtime error" "Dell 922"

Joined 2003
Paid Member
You must have Administrative rights to install the software but I presume you have since XP should warn you before installation if you haven't. Check to be sure though.
If it is an USB printer, always install the software before plugging in the hardware. Disable all virus scanners, spyware chasers, TSR's, name it...
Other than that, I have no clue. Bad written driver? Call Dell support. If its a bug, they should have a fix.

/Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.