Help with the basics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some help, guys... I replied to sawreyrw in my thread called "Anyone have some transformer models" at
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1014092#post1014092
I think that I rplied a little harshly, and there is a part that I think I needed to reconcider. I want to know if I did the right thing because I don't know if I am a good judge of character... If I am planning to bacome a skilled engineer, I must get rid of as much pride as I can...

Here is my assessment.For a young person you are indeed intelligent but also wise enough to realise that on reflection you may not have gotten on the right track.It is quite common for people who are smart to jump the gun so to speak.If you aspire to be a design enggineer then the best way is to learn methodically.If you have read a few electronics textbook they are arranged in a way that as you read sequentially,the topics build upon the previous one and knowledge absorbed or assimilated allows the mind to have a good grasp of the concepts taught or presented.Mind you I myself am not mathematically inclined which make it harder to understand this but on a technician level it allows me to know the basics enough to troubleshoot and evaluate circuits plus practical experience.

I have listed this book in the powersupply post you posted,it's a good book for you as this is a textbook primarily dealing with integrated circuit design.What is I.C. design but a bunch of transistors connected together,emphasis is on understanding of basic techniques of modern electronic circuit design,real world applications and problem solving.

Try not to reinvent the wheel.I bet you if you can extract the knowledge in this book you are well on your way to achieve the goal you have set for yourself.

The title is: MICROELECTRONIC CIRCUIT DESIGN Second Edition.
Authors: Richard C.Jaeger and Travis N.Blalock
Publisher: McGrawHill
International
edition 2003 : ISBN 007-123249-4

It comes with a cdrom with a student version of Pspice.Paper back version is cheaper.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.