DIY Audio Effects Processor Books?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built a few effects, but would really like to know what i am actually building. Since most electronic books don't want to wonder where fx audio electronics lie, eg distortion is a bad thing etc. I was wondering if anyone knows of any books that are helpful in this area. I'm a little more advanced than beginner, but wouldn't say i was intermediate.

Thanks

Craig Anderton's book, "Electronic Projects for Musicians" (and probably others by now) is someplace to start. He had a column in some musician magazine that occasionally included schematics of stuff; maybe by now those have been compiled or added to EPFM.
Elektor has published various effects projects, and those may be compiled in some book. Elektor back issues are available by year on CDROM from Elektor.
Try Maplin for books; I think there's some published by Babani that cover effects. Maplin magazine had some effects projects too; maybe those are available on CDROM by now. When I was in the UK last decade I bought a stack of back issues at the Maplin store in Glasgow.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.