Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Hifi stuff to do in Tucson
Hifi stuff to do in Tucson
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd December 2005, 09:18 AM   #1
JRKO is offline JRKO
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JRKO
Default Hifi stuff to do in Tucson

I am going to Tucson over the xmas new year period (25 Dec - 11 Jan)

Can anyone suggest any good shops, suppliers or general hang outs for the hifi lovin' holiday maker?

Also I am hoping to stock up on any magazines that you guys get in the US. Can you suggents any publications to look out for?
Old 22nd December 2005, 03:49 PM   #2
JRKO is offline JRKO
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JRKO
Is it a god forsaken desert town......?

Must I subsist on the UK hifi press?
Old 22nd December 2005, 04:15 PM   #3
sklimek is offline sklimek  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Hifi stuff to do in Tucson

Quote:
Originally posted by JRKO
I am going to Tucson over the xmas new year period (25 Dec - 11 Jan)

Can anyone suggest any good shops, suppliers or general hang outs for the hifi lovin' holiday maker?

Also I am hoping to stock up on any magazines that you guys get in the US. Can you suggents any publications to look out for?
Hi JRKO, It really isn't a God forsaken town, a great location especially for anyone who has not seen an American desert before. Check out Organ Pipe National Monument, good example of the Sonoran desert -

http://www.desertusa.com/du_sonoran.html

And, if you like photography the Center of Creative Photography is housed at the University. A place where you can actually request portfolios from 'the masters' to view.

http://dizzy.library.arizona.edu/bra...p/ccphome.html

Stan
Old 22nd December 2005, 06:49 PM   #4
motherone is offline motherone  United States
diyAudio Member

Being from Tucson, I don't think there's a ton of hi-fi places, unless it's changed in the past five years.

I think there's Jerry Rose Audio Video if you want to poke around at some gear.. There's also Wilson Home Audio & Video, but I never managed to make it into their shops before I moved to Seattle.

I highly recommend visiting the Sonoran Desert Museum and Colossal Cave while in Tucson. You might also want to check out Sabino Canyon, though it's probably a little cold for hiking (it might also be closed.. i can't remember if they close it for the winter).

If there is one thing I miss about Tucson, it's how beautiful the wildlife is out there. I guess I'm just a desert rat at heart

Hifi stuff to do in TucsonHide this!Advertise here!