DIY Motion Capture Rig?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm an independent game developer and I'm interested in building (or possibly designing) a motion capture rig with minimum budged just to track a handfull of points on a person as they move to get some quick and authentic computer animations for characters. I know this is a primairily audio/video equipment forum, but you all are the most hardcore DIY forum that I'm aware of. I've seen some amazing projects on these pages. I'm curious if you've ever seen anyone who has constructed such a thing. If so I'd appreciate some links or if you have any thoughts on a site that may have some people who are more into that sort of maker project. Any thoughts? Most motion capture rigs are insanely expensive to own, and it's not worth my money to rent time using someone elses kit. Thanks for the thoughts.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hmm.

As I see it, this very little to do with hardware. All you need for that side of it is three decent video cameras, with capture cards, and a very fast PC. All the rest is software, and that's the proprietary, and expensive part. Do you know any hardcore programmers?

Oh, and thanks for the compliment to our members! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.