Additional application for audio amps...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is an additional use for audio amps.................
Cheers.

Attachments

• cat-amp1.jpg
    cat-amp1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 239
Many years ago I worked at a place that kept a shop cat. It was a shop that maintained arcade video games, pinballs, jukeboxes, etc. I would work on large logic boards, and the cat used to like to hop up on the bench and lie down right on the board. (If you ever had a cat that insisted on lying down on the magazine you were reading, you know the deal)

Oh well, the cat was friendly, the board was warm. Until one day he hopped up, arched himself and rubbed along my sleeve. It was a winter day, and the cat fur static charge zapped an entire row of RAMs on the logic board.

After that we no longer let him on the bench, and I decided there might be something to the wrist straps grounds they had always told us to use.

Hi Sy and Enzo,
The little fellow is very determined to do what he wants to.
In this case the amp chassis is not powered . As Sy says, if powered up it will be one hell of a (M)YEOW !

You might have read somewhere:
" Dogs have masters , Cats have staff !"

This is not 'our cat'. He adopted our house - so it's his house and staff ! He's cute so we toe the line. He can be very demanding at times .
Cheers.

Well everything is fine so far. He's a Tom cat .
Heaven help me when he finds out that he can 'pee' on everything ! He hasn't started yet !! I need to deactivate that program in him . Anyone have any ideas -- apart from tweaking his brain !
Cheers.

.............Ok then...tweaking his..............

Hmmm.................what have you been watching or reading lately ........

:whazzat:

No , the chap has not done any damage yet. I was thinking in terms of spraying something ( like Colin window cleaner with ammonia !) on the usual places ( speaker stands etc ). Must be some chemical that will drive him away.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.