Mains power problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
The mains supply in my apartment has been acting funny lately. I have a box with four sockets to connect my audio equipment. The box has three LEDs which indicate various states. Today, it came up with `ground open'. Just a few days ago, all three LEDs were glowing. I checked the AC voltage with my DMM and it showed about 120V each between the earth and load and earth and neutral. In India, the supply voltage is 230V.
I want to know if such power problems are liable to cause harm to audio equipment.

Cheers,
Vivek

Usually there is no problem. This funny stuff happens when a few people in other apartments use antiquated electrical appliances with bad grounds etc. This used to happen till people in one of the apartments got their appliances fixed. It was okay for some time and things are back to square one now. Sometimes our fridge gives us shocks. But I am more worried about my amps and HT receiver.

Vivek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.