Need help to view images...Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a power failure that wiped my old P-1 computer because the UPS batteries were shot (who knew?) I have had to implement another dump score P-1 computer. This is my fastest machine yet at a blistering 333 MHz. What a treat....anyhow I digress. I made some changes while adding a firewall (subscribed to Zonealarm pro) and now I cannot see any of the thumbnail images in the posts here. Posts that have pics served from other locations work fine and are viewable. I have lived with this problem for months now and I'd really like to have image viewing capability again. I am missing soooo much.

I think my problem is associated with my attempts to block banner ads. I undid that change partially but still no pics yet some banner adds appear. When i am viewing ebay pages my display is really screwed up. Most of the boilerplate is little boxes where pics and icons should be.

Anyone have any ideas I can try to solve this problem? I suspect it is just a config issue.

Thanx guys. Actually I should have mentioned. Something corrupted my Internet Exploder program and nothing I could do was able to make it work again. I ended up installing Mozilla Firefox and that is working fine but cannot display the thumbnail images in these posts as I explained. I get a text message only where the inage should appear saying to click on it. When I hover over this spot my mouse cursor does not change as it should.

Still need a magic pill. Thanx.

Hey rcavictim,
Try this...
In Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools > Options.
Now click on Web Features (to the left)
Make sure that "Load Images" is checked. If it is, and you still have problems, click on where it says Exceptions. Now check if this site is in there, with "Block" written beside it. If so, click on "Remove Site". If you can't find it at all, then add it in, and choose "Allow" ( This is starting to clutch at straws, but you might as well try). If none of this helps, then I think it's something other than Firefox doing this, and you'd better ask someone else, LOL. Good luck. :)

Re: Re: Need help to view images...Please

darth_sanchez said:

windows and mac both suck! if you want a decent operating system (or program as what it's called) get Linux! no viruses, spyware or anything like that whatsoever! linux is more reliable than any other operating system out and it's free!!!
Now this gets interesting! What's wrong with Mac? I don not want to learn Linux. Too stubborn and too old.

:bawling:

Windoz, Mac or Linux?

pinkmouse said:
I agree. I want a computer that works for me, not one where I have to spend hours typing cryptic commands and compiling software before I can do anything. :xeye:

Hi Al,
You are my man! That's just what a want, a machine that always works and does not need Ad-Aware SE, Spywareblaster, Anti-Crash (even with that it crashes sometimes), Ultra-Wincleaner, anti-virus, firewall..........List not necessarily complete.
And not forgetting Faultlookexpress!
;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.