Odd holiday in Denmark....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the beginning of April 2002, I contacted Vifa & Scan-Speak loudspeaker manufacturing headquarter in China, asking for their product quotation.

At that time, the officer who responded to my enquiry told that he cannot give the information at that moment because "Denmark just finished its holiday," so that he said.

In the mid June 2002, I received email from the officer (China Headquarter), that Denmark will begin its Annual summer holiday (for 3 weeks or so).

I am quite puzzled that there are so many holiday in Denmark's calendar. Is is true that Denmark has these many holidays in its calendar? What holiday you guys have in Denmark and for how long?

The reason I asked this, because I suspect that the officer is reluctant to answer my enquiry because my order is in small quantity.

Thanks!

Hi Sianturi.

He may be telling You the truth, since in the end of march, beginning og april this year we had easter hollyday.
In june You ran into our summer hollyday, where it is common that factories shuts down entirely.

The spring is absolutely the best periode, hollyday-wise.

The reason I asked this, because I suspect that the officer is reluctant to answer my enquiry because my order is in small quantity.
That may be a reason too ;o)

There are about 140 days a year where I'm not at work.

104 saturdays and sundays

6-7 holidays (most around easter) Translated they are called "Holy-days".

6 weeks vacation.

A normal working week is 37 hours.

It could be funny to know that it's like in other countries. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.