Vintage Audio Gear Recommendations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so I have at my "disposal" 9 vintage / antique dealers who are always out hunting for good stuff. I do consignment on eBay for them.

Since they are always out and about hunting for stuff, I thought it might be a good idea to give them a list of vintage audio gear to watch for. But my expertise in this area is severely lacking. Besides ordering up every piece of old (non push button) Marantz they come across, I don't know what to recommend. I've scored a few nice old Marantz recievers for dirt cheap, and they really blow away the newer equipment I have sound-wise. I'd like to take it further.

So what other vintage audio brands should we be looking for? This should include mainly ideas for recievers and amps, along with turntable recommendations.

I humbly bow before the knowledge base that is DIY Audio, and ask the pros what I should get...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I just hate to think of all the vintage gear that is hitting the dumpster because my dealers don't know what to look for.

Thanks guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.