Active speaker system switcher

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
I have been trying to find a switching unit so I can connect up to 10 pairs of active (powered) studio reference monitors for our display and no luck so far.
All I need is the incoming stereo signal to have switching capability to any pair I select. I thought of maybe building a line splitter and just putting switches in line, but this will cause obvious problems.
The unit would have to turn off the current pair when the next pair is selected.
Event Electronics used to make a unit, but I can't find one opr the circiut for it. The other brands available are far too expensive.
Does anyone have any suggestions, web links or circuit ideas.

this unit from HP (3488A) is quite inexpensive -- and the seller is in Australia -- it is programmed over the HPIB (Hewlett Packard Interface Bus) so you could control it with a National Instruments GPIB card and a laptop -- there are many options available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1504&item=3829335741&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
the units typically go for $40 to $100 in the US -- although they were around $3000 when new -- part of the fallout from the US Telecom/Tech Bubble. This particular one has 5 of the the 44474A 16-Channel Digital I/O, TTL compatible for controlling relays etc.

Programming one of these is like programming in QBasic or BASICA. -- very simple. You can control anything (except your wife) with them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.